Chapter Two

Love is a seed that has to be watered with effort and consistency. Lack thereof will cause the fire that once existed between two souls to burn out.

~Eight weeks later~

Fuck, fuck, fuck. This wasn't good. This couldn't be happening. Pregnant. She couldn't be pregnant. Nicole dropped her head into her hands as she sat on the edge of the bath. This wasn't supposed to happen. It was one drunken night of fun. One night of fun that was going to change her life. Their life.

Shit, she thought, how was she supposed to tell him? They weren't a couple, they were friends. They were colleagues. They both are wrestlers for the WWE.

"All right, Nicole, what have you done this time? Please tell me you didn't do anything stupid." Brie smiled as she made her way to join her on the bed.

Nicole looked up to her, chuckling softly, tears filling her eyes. "I wish that was the case that would be fun. This is worse."

Brie pushed a stray strand of hair behind Nicole's ear, using the pad of her thumb to wipe away a stray tear. She wasn't used to seeing Nicole upset, she rarely got upset, at least not in front of others. "Hey, it can't be that bad. I'm sure we can fix whatever it is." Brie said.

"I'm pregnant." Nicole said.

"Hilarious. You know I love your sense of humour, especially in the morning. Now, what's really going on? Do I need to hurt someone?" Brie asked.

"Brie, I'm not joking. I wish I was, but I'm not. I'm five weeks pregnant." Nicole said.

Brie's mouth fell open, her eyes wide as she stared at her. "You? You're pregnant? What? How?" Brie asked.

"Do I really need to have the talk with you, Brie? You had a baby. Would you like a diagram?" She smirked at her.

"Ha -Ha, you're hilarious. You know what I mean," Brie gave her a look. "Wait, no way. Oh my god. Did you say five weeks? Does this mean that?"

Nicole clapped mockingly, "Finally she catches up! Yes, he's the dad. No do you see why I'm completely fucked?" Nicole said.

Brie smirked, "No, sweetie, it's getting fucked that got you into this situation. OW!" Brie said. Nicole smacked her shoulder. "Do you know what you're going to do? Are you keeping it?" Brie asked.

Nicole nodded. She had already had a few days to think this all over, after her doctor had confirmed she was indeed pregnant. "I'm keeping it. I thought, briefly about having an abortion, but, I don't know, it just didn't seem right. I'm in a good place financially, and I've always wanted children."

"When do you plan on telling Rusev, he's going to be a dad?" Brie asked.

"Today. I don't know. I don't see it going well but he needs to know." Nicole said.

"Well, whatever happens you know I'm here for you babe. This kid is going to have the coolest aunt," Brie grinned.

Nicole could feel tears prickling her eyes, she knew Brie would be there for her. "Thank you."

"Aww, you going all soft on me? Who knew pregnancy was all it took for you to be nice to me," Brie joked, wrapping an arm around her shoulders pulling her into her side.

"Shut up, I'm always nice," Nicole laughed.

"Yeah right." Brie said.

The pair where interrupted when Nicole's phone started ringing.

"It's Steph, I've gotta take this." Nicole said. Brie nodded before lying down on the bed, making herself at home like she usually did.

After ending the call, Nicole turned to Brie. "Up, I've gotta go. I have a meeting with Steph."

"Does she know?"

"Yes. I told her yesterday. Don't look at me like that, I had to tell her first she's my boss and she caught me being sick. She wants to discuss my workload. Obviously I won't be going on maternity leave for a while but I need to cut my work load down a bit." Nicole said.

"Want me to come with you? I can be there when you tell Rusev." Brie asked.

"Thanks for the offer, but it'll be better if I do this on my own. I need to go, meet for lunch?" Nicole said.

Brie stood up from the bed. "Sure, lunch sounds good. Good luck." Brie said.

"I'm gonna need it." I said.