Chapter Three

Her dark eyes focused on Rusev. He had taken to doing ring exercises. Nicole finally grow the confidence to confront Rusev.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" She asked, her hands tightening around the bottom rope.

"No." He grunted.

"It will only take a minute. Please?" Nicole said.

Something in the way her voice had broke had caused him to stop what he was doing. Moving over to the ropes, he leaned against them and looked down at her.

"What is it?" Rusev asked.

"Do you mind getting out of the ring? I'm getting a neck ache looking up at you."

Rolling his eyes, he jumped out and stood next to her. "What is it?"

Her mouth had suddenly gone dry, making it impossible to utter a single syllable. Running her hands through her hair, she looked around the ring area, hoping to find something interesting to look at. Anything to help her calm down. Why had she let Brie convince her to tell him?

"Are you going to tell me or what?" Rusev asked.

Nicole nodded her head.

She moved so that she now stood in front of him. Tucking her hands in her pockets, she blew out and breath and finally turned her attention to him.

"Do you remember that night of us drinking together a couple of weeks ago?" Nicole asked.

"Yes." He answered, folding his arms across his chest.

"So you remember waking up in bed without me the next morning?" Nicole asked.

"I remember." He answered. Rusev looked around to make sure no one was nearby.

"You see, the both of us have a little present from that night." Nicole said.

"That would be?" He asked. He was started to get annoyed with her.

"I'm pregnant." Nicole said.

"Are you serious." He muttered as he kept his eyes away from hers.

"Yes." Nicole said.

"Let's go get some lunch." He said, grabbing his gym bag and walking out of the WWE training center and starting to direct her towards his car.

"Lunch, really?" Nicole asked.

"Yes, really." Rusev said.

"Lead the way to your car." She gestured towards the parking lot.

"Are you craving anything?" He asked as he pulled his keys out of his back pocket. "Mexican? Italian?"

"How about a burger place?"

"Sounds good." He smiled, unlocking the car and opening her door. When she stepped inside, he closed the door and moved to his side of the car. "Anything for my babies."

The seatbelt slipped out of Nicole's hands. Her eyes remained on Rusev's as she stupidly stared at him.

"What did you say?" Nicole asked.

"Anything for my baby." He hoped Nicole hadn't caught his slip up. "As in the one you're carrying." He said.

Deciding not to drag out an already awkward situation, she just nodded her head and started putting her seatbelt on again. When she heard the click, she pressed her back against the passenger seat and looked straight ahead, hoping to forget what he had said.

×

She watched as he nodded his head and then picked up his menu to start scanning the food the diner had to offer. As she watched him, she began to wonder just what is he thinking?

"What are you thinking about?" Nicole asked.

As if he had been waiting for her to ask, he set the menu down and leaned forward, making sure to look her in the eyes. "I'm not afraid to face up to the responsibility of being in charge of a human life, but usually when men and women are friends especially when they know each others exes, they don't tend to have a random hookup and have it turn into something more than that." Rusev said.

"Agreed." She tilted her head to the side, slightly nodding.

"I've been thinking a lot about the baby." He admitted. "I wondered if the baby would look more like me or you. The things I could teach it. As I continued to think about it more and more, the idea of being a father grew on me, actually I've always wanted to be a father and I know you've always wanted to be a mother so in a funny way we both are getting what we always wanted." He said.

"I know so, What do we do now?" Nicole said.

He was ready to respond when the waitress came by and took their orders. When she was gone, the two turned to face each other again, returning to their original conversation.

"Keep each other updated. Tell me when you have appointments and I'll come down for them." Rusev suggested. "Call me should you need anything."

"Call me when you're home. You can go to lamaze classes with me." She smirked, knowing that probably wouldn't happen. "We're also going to need to go shopping for baby furniture and clothes."

Neither would say it out loud, but the more they talked about the baby and made plans like this, the more nervous they became. Making these plans was easy, but going through with them would be even more difficult.

"What about living arrangements?"

"Living arrangements?" Her brows furrowed in confusion. "We stay as we are."

"I want my kid living with me."

The waitress returned with their orders and set them down. When she was gone, Nicole and Rusev switched plates, knowing she had gotten the orders mixed up.

"You're always on the road." Nicole stated as she grabbed the ketchup bottle. "It's better the baby and I stay where we are. When you're home, the baby will come by you."

"The baby can come on the road with me sometimes." Rusev said.

"Or we both can come on the road with you sometimes." I suggested.

"Even better." Rusev said. "There is one thing though." Rusev said.

"What's that?"  Nicole asked before taking a bite of her food.

"We still have to tell our parents." Rusev said.

"My parents will be excited about another grandchild." Nicole said.

"Okay." He sighed. "Well, then that just leaves my parents."

"It'll be fine."

"No, it won't." Rusev shook his head. "They're a little crazy."

"Crazy how?" She asked, her eyebrow raising in curiosity.

"Typical Bulgarian parents." He replied.

"Don't worry about it. Everything will be okay." She smiled.