Pitch Slapped

TW: Mentions of Depression

Thomas woke up, having finally ebbed into sleep at some point in the night. As he sat up, he was frankly surprised he hadn't drowned: his pillow was sodden with tears.

He rolled over, feeling like he had been run over by a convoy of trucks.

What the hell had happened?

Thomas found he didn't really care.

Thomas sighed and called for his sides to appear.

Logan calmly adjusted his tie as he materialised, appearing to be in deep thought.

"Thomas, kindly telephone Joan or Talyn and ask them to come over right now." It was all he could think of saying.

"Na." Two voices spoke at once, and Logan jumped slightly - Pitch having appeared right behind where Thomas was sitting, on his unmade bed. Thomas, concerningly, did not seem to notice.

Logan gulped as Pitch smiled, his eyes dancing with the light of triumph.

"You're sick Thomas. You need help." Logan balled his fists. He would not give up this easily. "The others are hurt and I can't help them alone - "

Thomas just sighed and lay on his back. Pitch looked down at him lovingly.

Logan took a deep breath.

This was just any other day: Logic against a whole lot of dramatic emotions. He could do this.

"Thomas, you obviously have Depres-" Logan choked and gasped, hand flying to his throat. Pitch's arm was outstretched towards him, and was the obvious cause of his irritation.

Logan tried to speak, but could only mouth wordlessly.

Pitch started to laugh.

Thomas was still oblivious.

Logan blinked tears of frustration out of his eyes and finally lost his temper. He launched himself over Thomas at Pitch with a silent war-cry.

Without blinking, Pitch simply moved his arm and back-handed Logan out of the air.

How was he already this strong?

Logan hit the ground hard and sank down into the mindspace, defeated, bruised, silent...but very, very angry.

He was sure his conclusion had been correct. What else could clip them all so badly and thoroughly?

Logan rolled onto his feet and ran to his room, locking his door behind him.

The second conclusion he had reached, due to the fact he was still there, was that despite his time in Pitch's cage, he was still uninfected. He wasn't going to take any chances, however. He had to test this hypothesis.

Just before Thomas had called, darkness had leaked into the mindspace and swallowed Roman, Patton, and Virgil. It had then sunk into the ground and disappeared, leaving Logan very much alone.

Logan sat down at his desk and opened one of his drawers. He pulled a book of Sodoku puzzles out and flicked it open. He set his watch to time, then proceeded.

Pitch had been able to physically effect the side's abilities for themselves and their roles for Thomas.

So: was he infected?

Not being able to directly comunicate through speech with Thomas was an unfortunate development, but it didn't mean he couldn't be heard.

"Time." Logan thought, jotting down his score. Though on the higher side of one minute, it still fit within his range of averages. Logan sighed and leaned back a bit, allowing himself one brief moment of relief.

Every half hour he vowed to do that test.

He grabbed a fresh writing pad and a pen, but found his pen frozen above the page. His stomach was churning, and he frowned, knowing that sensation too well.

Feelings.

He was feeling sad.

Logan sighed and tried to talk again, but only succeeded in stretching his mouth a lot.

"Do not feel. The others need Logic, they are counting on you. Thomas needs you." He thought.

Logan's eyes' widened. He let his pen fall. He drew in a sharp breath.

NO.

He stood and started to pace, an idea starting to bloom in his mind.

Why are you feeling sad?

'Because I'm alone and scared and out of my depth.'

Why do you not want to feel?

'Because it's not my role and I have to be strong for the others.'

You sound like Patton.

'I'm not Patton. That attitude was folly then and it is folly now.'

Well done Logan.

Logan smiled, feeling proud that he felt like he was learning something - the spark of discovery flickering in his eye. And he had a general idea that the voice in his head guiding him did not belong to him either...

I can take you where you need to go.

Logan nodded, gritting his teeth.

He blinked, and was in the back of the mind.

"Howdy there Logan!"

Pitch.