Chocolate and Childish Chums

A/N (Spoiler) Trigger Warning:
Crying and starting of a panic attack (not really described) at the end.

Virgil woke the next morning with a splitting headache. He groaned and turned over raising his covers over his head to shield himself from life.

"morning virgil."

"Morning...Truth."

Virgil felt...comforted? Usually to hear a peppy voice in the morning he had to brave the commons for breakfast with Patton. It was nice to have it in his own safe space for once. Despite his headache, he smiled.

He wasn't alone anymore.

"Hey, do you have a name? Truth is a little formal."

"i'll tell you if you take a shower, then hang with me at the back of the mind for a bit?"

The voice was small and shy, Virgil understood the tone immediately: Truth was lonely, and was trying to ask for help, but he didn't want to manipulate his only connection either. Virgil couldn't by nature miss the note of anxiety there either.

"Of course! But why-"

"the shower? you haven't had one in a while and you need to take care of yourself."

Virgil groaned and sat up.

"You sure you're not a Patton I personally invented?"

Truth laughed. It was light and full of sunshine and hope. Virgils' breathing evened.

He grabbed his towel from the ground, but then hesitated.

"You, erm, don't-"

"look at you in the shower? of course not. though i must point out that when i'm fully formed i will look exactly like you and thomas. but do not fear virgil, it wouldn't be truthful to pry or spy."

Virgil nodded shyly.

~

Roman was bouncing around, positively brimming with excitement. Even Logan struggled to contain his relief and happiness.

Patton was, of course, the happiest of all, gazing proudly around Thomas' living room. Virgil was the only one who was missing.

"...and then what happened Thomas?!" Roman prompted.

"I rang Joan and Talyn to organise to meet them for a movie of my choice, and not only did I actually go, I BOUGHT THE TICKETS off the cashier PERSONALLY!" The boy beamed. Patton applauded and Thomas bowed.

"It seems Virgil has indeed managed to find his balance again." Logan tried not to sound too relieved as he adjusted his glasses, but the last few months had been tough for Logic.

"We must go celebrate with him!" Patton exclaimed. Thomas held out his hands to caution the Father figure.

"Virgil must be really tired, I think today would have taken just about everything in him." Thomas looked around and relieved to see his sides nodding in understanding and agreement. It hit him how exhausted they all looked: Logans' usually meticulous shirt had crinkles in it, Patton's cardigan was tied much looser than normal, and Princey's White top looked dirty.

"You guys better get some rest, another big day tomorrow! If you see Virgil, can you please thank him for me, okay?"

The personalities nodded again and tried not to look too grateful for the opportunity to escape further interaction. They all collectively sank down to the mindspace kitchen.