Chapter Three

It's been a week. A week filled with one surgery, a very nervous Ezra, and a recovering Sabine. Earlier today she had been released from the med. bay and allowed to return to the Ghost. Much to her dismay, she wasn't allowed to go on any missions for another two weeks though. This also meant that she wasn't allowed to exercise.

Ezra had made up his mind that he was going to cheer her up. He walked up to her room with a wrapped present in his hand and knocked on her door. A moment later the door opened to reveal Sabine standing there, paint smeared all over her face and hands. She stepped aside, allowing him to come in, and closed the door behind him.

"I got you something." Ezra said quickly, showing her the present.

"Thanks." Sabine responded, carefully taking it into her hands as though she thought that it might explode.

She sat down on her bed and gestured for Ezra to join her. Next to a blushing Ezra she slowly peeled back the colorful wrapping paper. She took a deep breath then opened the box. Her face changed from one of worry to amazement in a second as she lifted up five new spray cans. On the back of each of them was a pair of wings with the rebel symbol on it. She smiled at the now beaming Ezra and hugged him.

"Thanks Ezra." She whispered.

"No problem." Ezra responded, holding the Mandalorian close to him.

After a few seconds she slowly pulled away. They stared into each other's eyes for a moment before both of them slowly started to lean in. Their lips touched, only for a few seconds, but enough to send both of them sitting back, startled and blushing.

"I better go." Ezra said, hurriedly as he headed towards the door.

"I better get back to my art." Sabine also gave her own excuse.

Sabine leaned her head back against the wall and sighed. Unsure what to do, what to think, she stared down at the box Ezra had given her. Her entire life she had been raised under strict rules. These included not falling in love with some silly boy and your work always came first. She knew that her entire family, especially her Mother, would be furious if they found out. Love was weak as far as they were concerned. She couldn't even imagine their reactions if they found out she was in love, especially with a Jedi.

Was that what this feeling was, love? Was it just something that happened in the heat of the moment, completely on accident with no thought going into it from either side? No, she liked Ezra. She loved Ezra. He probably didn't even feel the same way though.

Deciding that emotions in general were overrated she went back to the one thing the calmed her mind, art.