[ seven ] - end

[ seven ] 

Who did Calum think he was?

'I'm looking for love.'

What the hell was that supposed to mean? Wasn't that exactly what Spencer was looking for, too?

In every romance novel Spencer had read since she was five, the guy and the girl always ended up together. And if they didn't, well it wasn't a very well-written story, now was it?

She needed her story to be well-written. She needed it to happen. That's what her life was dedicated to, after all. Finding true love, getting married, having kids. That was what she wanted.

She did not want a 'fuck-buddy.'

Calum was such a hypocrite. He kept saying that she needed to 'get to know him first,' but did he try to get to know her?

And he wanted another chance after all of that.

Spencer hated him.

She hated everything.

He had ruined the idea of love for her.

What gave him the right to do that?

"Are you doubting the fact that I'm a romantic?"

Spencer jumped and nearly screamed as Calum snuck up behind her.

She turned around and almost punched him in the face. He had brought flowers.

"God, Calum," she said in exasperation, putting her hand over her heart and trying to calm herself down, "haven't you learned that flowers don't guarantee love?"

"Well, no they don't, but they do sway the mind a little."

She laughed sardonically. "No, 'Mr. Romantic.' You still haven't learned. It's not the mind that needs to be swayed. That's much too easy."

He smiled and sat down next to her on the park bench, looking up at where the billboard used to be.

Spencer sipped her coffee. After quite a few moments of silence, she sighed, letting her guard down. "I'm never going to find anyone."

"Well, why's that?" Calum said curiously, turning to face her and trying to read the emotion on her face.

She snorted, feeling nostalgic. "We both know why. All I'm looking for is a 'relationship,' not love. 'A fuck-buddy.'"

"Well, if that's true, then I'm much too young to look for love. Everyone my age is just looking for a good fuck. That's not what I want." Calum sighed.

"That's not true," Spencer said softly. Calum looked at her in confusion. "Everyone your age is just looking for a good fuck. That's not true."

Calum's eyes softened and he scooted in closer to her and held her hand, placing the flowers next to them.

Spencer took another sip of coffee. "Well, who needs love? We have each other, I guess."

Calum smiled. "Yeah, who needs love?"

- 

fin.

i loved this one so much i hope u did too.

putting up rude bc i can imagine calum like that with spencer's dad idk

ilyasm thank you for supporting me

first chapter of theo will be up soon :) x