1 - Desaturated Towns

(Y/N) had just arrived from moving from New Donk City to a small-ish town in the Cap Kingdom named Bonneton. Of course, not many humans lived there as it was mostly Bonneters, the locals who looked like glowing ghosts stuck in various hats, that dwelled there. That aside, it was truly a gorgeous place! The moon seemed to always be shining unless the clouds devoured it with their mighty teeth, blocking all the shining light the should have emerged from the orb. Not to mention the grayscale colors, never failing to please the eyes instead of making them want to peek away from neon lights flashing over and over. It really was magnificent there!

Due to the fact that (Y/N) wanted to fit in at least a tiny bit, they slapped on their best-looking black suit and glorious tophat with their (Y/FC) bowtie to make them pop out like an orange juice box in a crowd of grape juice containers while getting ready to travel to the distant kingdom. So, what did they accomplish next? Well, of course they had to walk out of the fancy flying taxi and get to their new home! Sadly, it was a little bigger and more noticeable than the other members of the community there at Bonneton, but hopefully no hat would question it. Hopefully.

So, after they pranced outside the foggy town for a tiny bit, they finally built up the strength and courage to go in and be welcomed to the town. As they took multiple steps to the gate, as somehow nobody was outside the town as of now, they took many deep breaths and great exhales. It calmed them down a bit, but it assited them in taking their time a little bit more. Finally, they took their first steps into the actual town, walking normally and freely at this point. Everybody seemed to be doing their own thing, actually. This could work out just fine!

(Y/N) gladly approached their new house, which was of course taller and wider than the local's homes. They glided their hand to open the door, soon realizing they had forgot to pop the key in before twisting the handle. They reached into their pocket, but they soon realized they didn't even have a key! Nobody ever handed over one, so they were immensely confused. They came to the conclusion they should ask someone around to assist them in their perplexing situation.

"Why, hello there!"

The female voice booming from behind (Y/N) startled them, so they turned around swiftly and then proceeded to collapse on their back, giving a surprised screech as well. It was, of course, a bonneter with a black bonnet on her head, one of the most popular styles in the kingdom. Her purple eyes seemed to sparkle with surprise and concern as she witnessed (Y/N) falling to the ground screaming.

"Erm, excuse me, (miss/sir), are you alright?" She squeaked, kind of freaked out. (Y/N), trying to be the kindest they could be, replied back trying to create an at least okay first impression. "Uh...y-yeah! I'm fine. I'm sorry about that, miss. You spooked me!" They weren't sure if the words they chose to let out were good enough, but their worries seemed to calm as the small conversation moved forward.

"Do you need any help over here? I saw you were having a bit of trouble over here, trying to get inside your house. Or, well, ship. Whatever you prefer." (Y/N) realized how lucky they were, so they replied back, asking for help. "Oh, uhm... yeah, I was. Could you help me? Uh, please? All my stuff was already delivered inside in a bunch of boxes and I have, like, no cluw how to get inside!" (Y/N) knew the little hat ghost would help her, as she seemed friendly enough. "Of course! All you have to do is press a hat of any kind against the door and it'll open right up! Normally we just have to touch it, but since you're not a bonneter, I'd say that's the best chance you've got!" As the purple-eyed bonneter explained this, (Y/N) nodded her head in understanding. They then softly shook off and pressed their tophat against the door, and it opened!

"Alright, then!" The bonneter behind (Y/N) exclaimed. "You can now enter your home with that hat of your own. It's for privacy reasons, don't worry about it." (Y/N) nodded happily. "Thanks, miss...err, what's your name?" (Y/N questioned the Cap ghost. "Bonnie." She answered back. "Alright then, thanks Bonnie!" (Y/N) and Bonnie both shared their goodbyes and (Y/N) entered their house, glad they were able to make one friend for today.

Of course, (Y/N) swiftly got to work on setting your place up. You were about half way done placing antiques and heart-felt items on the shelf when (Y/N) started to feel drowsy. Instinctively, they quickly put all their work aside for tomorrow and had to scatter to their bed, realising how miniscule the house seemed on the surface but how giant it was, really! As they leaped onto their bed, they started to make up stories in their head as they tried to land to sleep, so they quickly fell into a deep slumber.

They weren't aware of how many amazing beings they would soon meet, and they definitely didn't know of the one that would soon have them fall into love as deep as their sleep.

A/N

Agh! I spent so long on this and I hope you love it. Sadly Cappy's not here yet, but you'll see him soon. Real soon. I spent a while on this, so... yeah. Thank you!
- Summer