Meeting the 'Rivals', and the Start of a Battle

Sakura’s POV: 

As we arrived at the dimly lit entrance to the laser tag field, we saw a familiar group of people. “Don’t tell me…” I mutter to myself, taking the gun the boy at the counter gave to me. When he winked at me, I blushed and smiled a little, waving. When Ino ran up to me, her face was slightly alarmed and irritated. “What’s wrong?” I ask, blinking as she glares at the group of guys at the other side of the room. 

“Some douchebags took our spot! Now we have to wait another 20 minutes.” She exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air. I sighed, and clenched my fists as I looked over at the group. I saw one with dark glasses and dark hair hidden in a hoodie, and another boy next to him with tousled brown hair and dark eyes too, though his were unusually oval-almost slitted. I knew those eyes from anywhere. Anyone would know those eyes from anywhere. That was Kiba. Kiba goddamn Inuzuka.  

“Kami.” I grunt, and send a glare to the group of boys who sauntered happily to the counter to get the guns that were ours. “Oi!” I shout, starting to stalk over to the group. I see the familiar blonde head of Naruto turn, but it wasn’t towards me, thank Kami. 

“Oh, Hinata!” He smiled, waving at the bluenette. She smiled faintly, waving shyly and yelping when he gently set a hand on her forehead to check her temperature. “Jeez, you’re burning up, how about I take you outside to get fresh air?” He offered, his eyes concerned. She only shook her head, smiling sweetly at him as she looked over to Tenten, gently nudging her with her elbow. 

“Hina-chan’s always like this, daijoubu!” She quickly saves the girl, patting her head affectionately. Hinata ducked her head lightly, and giggled nervously. “Now, what’re ya guys doing on our field?!” Tenten demanded, putting her hands on her hips. Neji came in front, looking at Tenten with a blush as he noticed what she was wearing. Noticing this, her cheeks flushed as she sputtered for an insult to the boy. 

“Guys, how about we just go together?” I slowly suggest, my hand holding the gun and I was leaning against the wall, punching Naruto in the shoulder as he wrapped an arm around Hinata.

“That sounds perfect- ttebayo!” Naruto grinned, shoving his thumbs up in our faces, causing me to slam it back and kick him, grumbling as I stalk into the darkness of the field, not going to take any of his shit today. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nat’s POV:

The teams were not very superb for me; I only had Gaara and Hinata as my allies, along with the bickering twosome of Naruto and Sakura, Sasuke watching them from the dark colored corner as he wore a black and blue piece of heavy ‘armor’ on his back and chest. I tried to adjust my own set of armor, giggling as Gaara helped Naruto with his own armor, Naruto whining like a child as Sakura punched his shoulder with annoyance.

“N-Na-chan, I-I need you to help me…” A small, meek voice chirped out from behind, and so I turned, stifling a laugh with a cough as I saw Hinata struggling majorly with her armor.

“Alright, Hina-chan. I’ll help you.” I clarify for her, combing through her silky strands as I take the two pieces that clicked together to hold up the armor around the waist, and so I smiled faintly, looking at the shy girl. “Are you okay? It seems like you’re not so happy being teamed up with Naruto.” I tease, then giggle as her cheeks start to flush madly.

“C-Chigau...I...well…” She stutters for a response that was suitable for my ears, but couldn’t grasp one as Naruto sauntered over, taking her by her hand, grinning at her. “E-eh?!” She squealed, and her cheeks started to burn and her knees shake.

“C’mon, Hina-chan!” He grins, and starts to lead her by her hand to the field. I smiled and stifled a chuckle, before looking down at my poofy skirt and its bright color. I smiled gladly at the leggings under it, so I just hooked my thumbs under my waistband of the skirt, pulling outwards and shoving it down. I heard a bird-like shriek as Gaara immediately grabbed me around the waist, throwing me over his shoulder as he muttered ‘nope’ under his breath.

“W-waah!” I squeal, then giggle sheepishly. “G-Gaara, I have leggings underneath!” I protest, and wriggle my legs to let the frilly skirt slide down.

“Nope. Do that in the ladie’s room, not here.”

“But Gaara, the skirt will-”

“No buts, you baka.” He said with a stern, elder brother voice, and so I huffed, doing it anyways while sticking my tongue out at an extremely flustered Gaara. “Oi-”

“Mwahaha, the deed is done!” I bellow, and put my hands on my hips before grinning happily. Before I could celebrate for a little bit, I heard the complaints of Naruto, then smiled and tugged on Gaara’s hand, starting to lead him to the darkness of the laser tag field.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sakura’s POV:

I watched the redhead and the brunette slowly pad to the entrance, before feeling someone grab me by the back of my collar of the armor, making me yelp and immediately kick the mystery person in the shin, causing him to crouch in pain. “Ha! Betcha didn’t expect that, huh?!” I taunt, before the smirk that I wore was wiped off my face as I saw who it was.

“Baka.” He mumbled, and rubbed his bruised shin before glaring at me. His expression then softened for a millisecond, and then he raised an eyebrow, waiting for something from me. I then squirm slightly, squeaking as I finally see that I was supposed to apologize to the dark haired boy.

“O-oh, gomen, Sasuke-kun.” I sputtered out, and then stopped, glaring at the boy. “Oi. Why’re you still holding onto my armor, you asshole?” I scowl at the boy, my cheeks flushed in the color of the pink of my hair as I flick his hand away. He only huffs, taking my collar again and starting to drag me to the darkness. “O-oi, let-”

“Urusai. We’ll be late and we need to listen to the rules, baka.” He mumbled with a frown, and his emotionless chasm’s of eyes burrowed into mine, looking into my green ones and finding my soul, squeezing it of my secrets to a pulp. I quickly looked to my shoes, and rolled my eyes, gathering up my pride again from its broken pieces in my heart.

“Hmph.” I rolled my eyes, and just let him lead me to the others, who were waiting impatiently for the two of us.