Chapter 2 (Forbidden Feelings)

The next two days I'm a wreck. I haven't seen the boy Cato again but he is all I think about. I'm not a hopeless romantic like the few girls from D12 who don't go to the Hob, so I can't understand why my mind decides to focus on finding him even though I know I won't see him. Today we start training. I know I will be a poor fighter and opponent because my body is tired from the emotional strain of the past two days.

* * *

I watch him in training even though I know I shouldn't. When I train making knots, or at the camoflauge booth, I keep all of my focus trying to keep him off my mind. Peeta keeps trying to talk to me about random things. Thank goodness otherwise I'd be a basket case. I hate my thought process because it keeps me from being focused on my training for staying alive. After many torturing hours, I make it through the day. Peeta has already left and I look around. I'm the final one, all alone in the training center. I put away the spear I was so desperately trying to get better at weilding it. I failed. I turn and begin walking to the elevator which will lead me back to my floor, Haymitch, Effie and the Avox. Oh what fun.

Before I get there, a strong arm reaches out and grabs me--pulling me into the shadows. Has the Capitol's security been breached? Has some crazy citizen broken into the training arena? I lift my fists in self defense but they are quickly put down, as the stong arms wrap around me, holding me close. Someone murmurs in my ear, "I have to talk to you." My eyes widen in shock. Its the boy! The boy Cato I can't get off of my brain. He continues, "Come with me. Please?" He says the last word, almost in a begging tone. Pleading me to come. Should I go? Well if I go, maybe I can get him off my mind. I think. I nod in consent. He lets go of me and grabs my hand instead. Cato pulls me into the elevator. He pushes a button that I realize will take us to the roof Peeta and I discovered yesterday. We are silent for the short seconds it takes to ride on the elevator. Finally the doors open and Cato looks out, to see if no one else is there. Thankfully it is empty so he pulls me out and we sit down on a bench. Cato holds my hand and looking at the ground, says, "I can't get you out of my head."