Chapter 1

Married. That's what I'm for three months already. Yet, I haven't even seen my husband face since the contract we signed, that sealed both of our fates together. Legally married . That was what it stated on the cold unforgiving black and white sheet, that I so badly wanted to crumble it, tear it to pieces even. I hate my parents, hate their gold-digging greedy nature, they sold me like a piece of useless furniture for their benefits. I'm a doll, a doll to be manipulated and thrown around. I hate my ''supposedly husband'' who didn't even bother to acknowledge me ever since we are ''married'', I had seen him only on tabloids and newspaper, and the only thing that I know about him is that he is---a player. Oh and his name too Maximilian night which is known as the ''darkest knight'' in society which I have no idea why, I mean his well...hot but not hotter than Christian bale, ok maybe he is but that doesn't mean he can use batman's signature movie name. It's unoriginal and stupid. Just like how I look when I'm in heels---Dumb.

   Like right now, stuck in his mansion getting ready for the '' family gathering'' tonight, you gotta be kidding me American idol was more real than this bull crap my parents pulled. I'm not trying to act like some prissy stuck-up spoilt rich girl that gets whatever she wants in the public's eyes, I do appreciate stuff like the dark knight dude's mansion was cool, with all the low hanging diamond chandeliers that may break and crash into my head anytime, and the humongous three storey mansion which was only painted in black and white and all I see everyday  is black..and..white..and..the chandeliers maybe, when I look up. Ok, don't judge try being in my shoes, sold away by your parents and being stuck in a huge mansion-castle for three months with a black amercian vip flashcard....alone, not forgetting my supposed husband is too concerned about his own personal life and women to care about his legal wife, that was caged in the mansion. Not literally caged but I feel caged, my parents practically scrutinised my every move for the past three months which I don't understand why.

  '' Ouch!'' the hairstylist pulled a bit too tightly for my tender scalp. I yelped again when one of the lady pushed a pair of contact lens into my dark green eyes. I cringed as they slipped me into a velvet silk dress that hung low at my back, exposing too much skin, and the five inch black jimmy choos made it even worst than it already is. I sighed as I stumbled on my feet, tripping over my own feet slightly as I walk towards the mirror to assess my appeal. They cleaned up pretty good for a plain dull person like me, it was a challenging task but they did it anyway. Curling my brown hair into soft tendrils and pulling them up into a graceful bun, soft tendrils fall at the side of my cheeks making me look gentle and soft.....what i'm totally not. Well, at least my parents done it right this time. Sending a group of elite make-up artists to cover up all the flaws on my face so to not embarrass them in front of Mr night, the muti-billionaire, my ''husband''. They did it right this time. I've always know that I'm never as beautiful as my small sister we look completely different, with her big blue opal eyes, blonde straight hair and her petite model-like body with all the curves at the right places and her fake boobs that she invested some much time in, I pale in comparison. I had brown messy hair, dark green boring eyes hiding behind the spectacle frame, thin lips and a defined jaw, nothing as soft and feminine like my sister. It was unfair, life is unfair. We were only hours apart yet our looks were like the sky and dirt on the ground.

   Well, everybody knows that my sister was better looking than me, everybody talks about her, i'm the neglected and the forgotten one. The one that earns whispers from people when they know I'm a Preston too. Jace preston. The plain girl. I've always been envious of my sister- Katherine preston, the one that my parents adore more. It had always been like that I was used to it, in fact I embraced the solitude by burying my face in books at the corners of the house. It was simple that way until I was forced to get married. I swallowed my tears forcefully not wanting to ruined the make-up that I had on, if not I will get a earful from my parents later. Sucking in a deep breath, I willed myself to calm down before holding my golden clutch as I descend down the stairs as careful as I can. I climbed into the awaiting limousine, 6pm my phone says, I will be on time. I guess.

I reached grand malex restaurant half an hour later. Looking at the grand restaurant for high society diners, my palm started sweating, I was never good with crowds. Taking in a deep breath and bracing myself the insult that is gonna be thrown my way I made my way into the private room that my parents reserved. Pushing open the heavy doors , I gasped in shock. The dining table was situated at the far end corner of the huge room with stairs, which means I had to climb down the descending stairs. Which also means the chance of me tripping over my five inch jimmy choos as I tumbled down the stairs breaking my face in the process. Shit. I looked to the far end of the room my parents were here, my sister was here and Maximilian Night was here too. Double shit. Apparently, they were enjoying their conversation, I could hear my father's deep belly laughter and my sister's shrill girly laughter, the dude sitting beside my sister which was Maximilian Night seems to be having a good time too. Probably because of my sister which is looking at him suggestively. Wow. What do I do now? Should I run away? The latter seems like a good idea and I was about to do that when the heavy door slammed shut behind my back. Everybody's laughter stopped for a moment before their gaze slammed straight at the weird girl, standing at the top of the stair looking constipated.

  I froze in my position, well plan A was definitely a goner. Guess I have to settle for plan B which was to strut down the descending stairs gracefully like a swan. Which is really laughable if you think about it. I would have laughed if the atmosphere wasn't so awkward and tense. My parents were scrowling at me throwing daggers at me daring me to slip and fall, while my sister is just smirking arrogantly, this stairs thing was definitely her idea nobody gets more joy than her watching me screwing up my life and falling flat on my face in front of my husband. I didn't dare to look at him, I bet he had the same taunting smirk plastered on his face. I have to do this. Taking in a shaky breath and murmuring a last prayer before I plunged to my death, I took a shaky step down the first step of stairs and another, and another, it was easier than I thought. I rejoiced secretly, take that you stupid fake bitch, score one for Jace Preston. I was secretly thrilled for my small victory when I slipped taking the last step. Oh god. I immediately grabbed the aisle for support as I slowed the fall into a small stumble, I looked at my parents,, their scowl deepen giving me a disapproving look while my sister's smirk widens. Shit Shit Shit. I hate my life. Clearing my throat, I walked as graceful as possible to the dining table.

  '' You're late by five minutes'' my mother shot me a disapproving look as  her frown deepens. '' Sorry.'' I said suppressing the eye roll while my sister shot me a judgemental look. '' You must be Jace preston..'' a deep husky voice boomed beside me. What a nice voice this must be the dark knight, I remarked secretly his voice send shivers down my spine. I looked to the man beside me my supposed husband and he had me right there. Dark tousled hair, dark stormy eyes, nose, lips, jaw , suite......one word.

Wow.

Omg guys !!! comment comment hoped you like this story!!excited for you response!!:)