Chapter 2

Ok. Apparently, the dark knight dude look wayyyy better in real life than all those trashy tabloids and magazines. Beautiful even. Those dark mysterious orbs that's seems to pierce right through me, right through my soul. Tall structured nose, high cheekbones and a really structured full lips that I really don't mind smashing my---- I squelched that idea before it can manifest into virus. I cleared my throat abruptly and he smirked. God. I blushed furiously and I don't ever blush.The last thing I need is to embarrass myself in front of such a hot guy. God am I embarrassing. I mumbled a quick greeting before taking my seat next to him, plunging my huge ass butt into the soft cushion of the seat, how graceful, talk about sex appeal. My mum pursed her lips and frowned at me almost disgusted at my lack of gracefulness. Ouch . That kind of stings. But that was kind of expected wasn't it? However, I couldn't stop that little sting from blooming in my chest changing into a familiar pain. I know I shouldn't be affected by such a small action but I cant help it, I looked down at my hands fidgeting with the table cloth, not wanting to meet my parents disapproving gazes.

" Apologies for my daughter's lateness Mr night, she is usually punctual.'' my mother emphasized on the last word, I cringed at her underlying meaning. '' She is very different from Katherine, in fact she is more of an introvert always kept to herself, hope you don't mind Mr night....'' I tightened my grip on the edge of the table cloth, I could almost hear the disdain when she said that I was different from my small sister, so different. '' Certainly Mrs Preston, we are legally married after all.'' He chuckled darkly beside me sending shivers all through my body. I turned my head towards him surprised at the choice of his words, legally married, that's what he said, does he even know what legally married means? When you are married you don't just leave the person for three months and appear out of nowhere all of a sudden at some ''family gathering''. I was angry for a moment before I realised that he is Maximilian night the man who changes women at the blink of an eye, well then it is expected for him to forget about me, I don't blame him, who will remember a plain jane? I don't give a shit anyways. I'm happy with myself.

The rest of the night passed in a blur, we ate dinner and my parents engaged in light conversations with him, chuckles and laughter filled the room which annoyed me tremendously to no end, and Katherine was constantly grabbing his arms, '' accidental'' brushes of her hand against his thighs and the consistent pushing of her boobs up secretly to make it look bigger. I rolled my eyes at her. Stupid slut. She haven't change a bit. I remained quiet for most of the time ,keeping to myself, it's not like anybody in the room bothered to ask me about anything either, its not like I mind. In fact I liked it. Dinner passed quickly, before I knew it the day had come to the end much to my relieve, by now my legs are aching badly, I'm emotionally and physically drained from this whole bullshit and the only thing on my mind right now is the new novel book that I have not read finished, I just want to go home and hide behind the book cover. We walked out of the grand malex hotel, everybody seems to be in a good mood with my mother's light laughter and the constant conversation. After that, my parents went into the limousine and drive off after saying goodbye to Maximilian night and my sister purposely leaving me out. Wow. Childish much? I shrugged it off uncaringly, casting a glance at my sister beside me who was all over maximilian night they were literally joined hip to hip as Katherine pushed her boobs against his chest rubbing all over him. He seemed to enjoy it too. Seriously, what a great husband he turned out to be. I shot them a disgusting look before hailing a taxi. I just want to be back home.

Ignoring the eye-turner show they are putting up, I entered the taxi without much of a glance as I told the taxi driver my address. I sighed in relieve as the taxi drove off, my tensed muscles relaxed against the soft cushion of the seat as I rubbed my sore foot tenderly. Damn jimmy choos and it's five inch heels. I rest my bare feet on the cushioned seat as I lay comfortably finally found the liberation my body had been seeking for the whole night. It had been merely a few hours yet it was so mentally and physically draining, the constant rivalry between my sister and the glares and dis approvals from my parents eyes, it was enough to cripple me emotionally. I sighed happily as the taxi finally reached the front door of my house after what seems like forever, I stepped into my house inhaling the familiar scent of my home-lavender and jasmine. I never felt so calm as the smell waft into my nose. I need a nice soothing bubble bath . I threw the pair of heel onto the floor, cursing at it for tormenting my tender foot as I slipped off the dress into only my bra and underwear. I skipped into the second storey bathroom happily humming a song along the way as I turned the tap filling the round bath tub with Luke warm water to its brim. I moaned in satisfaction as I slipped my foot inside testing the water before submerging my whole body into the water. Yes. Yes. Thank god for this. I inhaled the lavender scent as I scrubbed my body gently, it felt so good, my body relaxed against the soothing water on my skin as I scrubbed every inch of my pale body clean. I've always hated the paleness of my skin, it made me look like I have some kind of incurable stage four cancer. I eyed my skin in disgust.