Chapter 4

Oh boy, he has no idea what he's gotten himself in. I snickered secretly as I went back to reading my new book. After a few hours of reading in the same position, I stretched my stiff muscles, groaning. I stood up deciding to give myself a tour around the house since I have the whole day to myself, doing nothing, but getting fat. I trudged up the staircase lazily, can't we just install an elevator in the house? It such a pain in the ass to walk up the stairs, it's really tiring, I'm sorry don't judge. I'm a lazy piece of shit, everybody knows that. Unlike my athletic sister katherine who has a personal trainer for her gymming session, I can't even jog a mile without walking and I hate exercising, it's in my big no no list. I mean what the hell is exercise when you can have bacon, pizza, mac and cheese. It's just much more easier, eating is the only exercise that I do. It's more than enough.

Feeling curious, I walked into his room cautiously. Although, I've been to his room before, but i've never taken a proper look at his room. I stared at the corners of the huge room just making sure that there's no hidden cameras in his room, recording my sins. I mean we are married right? So it should be ok to tour around his room since he is my husband. I reassured myself as I looked at his study table. Not even a speck of dust could be felt when I run my index finger against the wooden desk for inspection. I grimaced. Comparing my room to his, I'm ashamed.

My room is a mess, a dog hole, with stacks and stacks of books stacked in every corner of my room. My bookshelves are dirty and dusty, I've never bothered to clean the bookshelves, god knows what creatures lives in it, And some of my books were so old that the pages had turned dark brown, although I've only lived here for three months, it seemed like I lived here for years. My room had become some dust infested contained area that only I can go in. I didn't even allow my servants to go in there just in case they misplaced the books and disturb my sanctuary. I just really didn't like people entering my private space. Just like how I'm entering his.

We are really different from each other, walking towards the bookshelf, I realized that all the books are about business and more business stuff. There is only one normal book, even that one normal book was weird. It says ''Geogia the great medicine''. The book is obviously for kids, I wonder why does he keep this book. Shrugging my shoulders, I walked out of his room after finding nothing interesting, feeling even more bored than ever. That's when my phone rang. It's from katherine. Katherine? She never calls me, like never ever.

It's an unspoken rule between us, we don't call or text each other. So what is she doing? Calling me in the evening out of the blue. I frowned before picking up the call. '' Jace...Jace please help me.....please....hel..help I'm at Hades....please come I'm...I'm so....sc...scared!.....please...jacey..!'' She begged, and katherine preston never begs. I could hear the raw desperation in her voice, she sounded so vulnerable through the phone, and at that moment, I know I have to go help her even though she had always treated me like crap. At that moment, I realized that despite all the things she had done to me, I'm willing to forgive her and most importantly, I cared about her. So much that, my heart drops just thinking about what is happening to her right now, nothing really matters anymore.

I rushed out of the house, not even bothering to change my tank top and sleeping shorts almost tripping over my own feet. Grabbing my car keys, I yanked my car open as I start the engine driving to Hades as fast as possible. Everybody that belongs to the upper class knows what Hades is. It is a Private club for vvip members where they can do whatever they want, nobody will interfere since the people in the club are rich and powerful. A place which reeks of sex, money and alcohol. No rules. No boundaries. A place I avoid with all cost. But it doesn't matter now. I stepped harder on the accelerate paddle, willing the car to move faster. I dialed her number again but it was sent to voice mail, by now I was panicking wondering what had happened to her.

When I finally reached Hades the sun had set and my palm was sweating from nervousness. I've never been to any club before, I didn't know what to expect, but time is ticking. I dashed into the club and I was greeted by loud pounding music and sweaty bodies clad in skimpy clothes on the dance floor, grinding and drinking alcohol. I hated this place already. How am I supposed to find katherine in such a place? I was beginning to panic when I saw my phone light up. It was a message sent by katherine, she is at the second floor private room. I rushed up the stairs without thinking and twist open the door knob, my palms were sweating and my hands were shaking. I hope it's not too late.

'' Kat! I'm here. Are you al....'' I banged open the door and stopped dead in my tracks. No she wasn't about to get killed and no she wasn't about to get hit or murdered. Instead, I saw her laughing with a group of people and she was pointing at someone---at me. Laughing at meWhat is going on? '' Look! I told you she will come, I told you she will fall for the stupid trick I pulled. She is that naive'' She laughed hysterically. Suddenly, everything clicked together. Betrayal hit me like a slap in the face, my body shook as my knees quaked. I could feel the tears welling up as I forced it down my throat. I didn't dare to speak, I don't trust my voice. The laughter became even louder. '' Jace you seriously think that I will call you out of all the people when I'm in trouble? Didn't you know that I don't beg? Wasn't that a dead giveaway? I guess she just can't take a hint'' They laughed again louder this time.

I flinched at their mocking laughter, I want to cover my ears but I couldn't even lift my hands, it was as if I'm paralyzed. The sound of their snickers and laughter were ringing in my ear again and again, it was the same laughter when I was younger and people laughed at me for being weird and the odd one out. Until this day, their laughter still scarred me to no end. My hands were shaking and I felt so cold all of a sudden as the painful experience of my childhood came back to me in a rush. I looked around the room, searching for faces that I could ask for help, but just like the old times. All I see were mocking faces that takes joy from humiliating people. I was all alone.

That's when I felt a presence behind me, and everyone went dead quiet. Before a warm hand was wrapped around my elbow and pulled me out of the room. I was too lost in the trance as I followed him out of the club, and into the chilling night air of New York, where it's easier to breathe, my spectacle fogged up immediately but I felt much better and the ringing sound in my ear had subsided. I looked up to thank the man who had saved me when I needed the most, and I found a pair of dark eyes staring back at me---Maximilian Night. My breath caught in my throat as I gaped at him. Well, this is unexpected. '' I...I....thanks for saving me... just now'' my voice coming out in a soft whisper, it was shocking to see him here, even more to save me. But I was grateful. I stared into his eyes as I thanked him.

Something flashed in his eyes before it was replaced quickly with the blank dark stare, his eyes so dark that it reflects nothing. I shifted my glasses closer to my eyes, trying to read his expression. But his eyes gave away nothing. I quirked my eyebrows, trying to figure him out. He just stared intensely at me, causing me to squirm uncomfortably. An awkward silence settled between us as I peeled my gaze away from his scorching gaze, I shifted from foot to foot awkwardly. Guess Ms awkward is back. Should I say something? What to do? I was racking my brain with lame conversation lines and jokes when he beat me into it.

'' I still haven't forgive you for pouring snake powder all over my suits Jace preston''  My face flamed. And his lips tilted forming his signature smirk.

COMMENT COMMENT AND and comments!:)

COMMENT PLEASE!;)

Hope you enjoyed it? Give me feedbacks

-brookewind