Chapter 4

"Sorry folks due to circumstances there wouldn't be any school today", the principal declares and people cheer.

"However everyone goes to the field and your teachers will give you assessments for tomorrow", he adds and we groan.

We went to the field and our teachers come around handing our papers and pointing to the textbooks to some people.

"You get away this time West", my biology teacher says to me.

"I didn't do anything", I smile innocently.

"We both know that's a lie, but good job", he did a fist bump with me.

"That's why I like you, sir, you're the best teacher."

He chuckles, "and you're my best student."

"Flirting with the biology teacher Mia, you're such a-"

"I dare you to finish that sentence", I glare at Claire, "judging people wouldn't make you look any better, weren't you the one who hooked up with the gym substitute last year?" I frown and she gasps.

"How di-"

"Never mind that, judge yourself before you judge me", I walk off.

"Hey, what's going on?" Ally asks approaching me.

"We strike again, but what's going on with you and Sam?" I demand as we sit on the bench.

"I don't know", she sighs.

"Better fix it before Claire makes a move."

"Are you sure he isn't mad at me?"

"He's just worried about you Ally."

"Where's Gloria? I hav-"

"I don't know", I grumble.

Did you two fought?"

"Looks like her true colors are finally showing", I scoff and see her laughing and talking to Derek.

"What do you mean?"

I tell her what happens.

"Well then she's a fake bitch, I'll make sure my brother doesn't date her", Ally says and I smile.

"Hey Mia time to go", Matt says.

"Go where?"

"How about the lake in the next two hours?" Ally suggests.

"I'm down for it", Alec shrugs.

Same", Derek adds.

"Me too."

"Can Crystal come?" Matt requests.

"What about Glo-"

I glare at Mason to shut him up.

"Sure Crystal can come", I shrug and I share a look with Ally.

"So Crystal and Asher would come with us and Ally, Derek, Sam, and Alec would travel with Derek's dad van", Matt says.

"Sounds cool."

"Great."

***

"Who's carrying the cooler?" I question coming down the stairs in my bikini and the bag.

"Put on something over that", Mason frowns at me.

"The drive isn't long, it's not like I'm coming out the car till I get there", I roll my eyes.