Chapter 2

Happy new year everyone.

_____

Everyone watches Mr. Allen as if he grows an extra head.

"Yes a baby project you and your partner will have to take care of a baby doll for the rest of the semester, this will teach you not only responsibilities but also why you don't encourage teenage pregnancy", Mr. Allen explains.

Matthew raises his hand, "yes Mr. West?"

"Can our parents help?"

"No, you and your partner have to do this on your own."

"Can we choose our partner?" He asks.

"No all the girls will pick a paper from this bag", he shows us the bag.

"Aw man."

"I hope you pick me", Asher whispers.

At least Mason isn't in this class or Gloria.

"Alright I'm coming around", Mr. Allen says.

I put my hand down in the bag and shake it around for a while then take out a paper, I read it, Alec Saunders

Seriously? Although I don't mind.

"Looks like I got you Asher", Crystal says.

I put on a fake smile, "that's nice."

"Yeah", she nods.

Asher didn't look happy though.

"You okay?" I ask and he nods.

"I got Matthew", Ally says.

"See we are meant to be", Matt says.

"Sorry but I already got a boyfriend", she replies.

"I got Sam", Claire says, she's sitting way in the back.

"Can you ex-"

"Hell no I'm doing this with my ex", Matt grumbles.

Crystal nudges me, "I thought he was with you, I saw him winked earlier."

I laugh," he's my brother, I have another brother that looks like him, we're triplets", I explain.

"Oh."

"Alright people go sit next to your partners", Mr. Allen orders.

I got up and went over to Alec who is smiling like he just won a million bucks.

Ally is grumbling behind me and she's glaring at Claire who's sitting beside Sam who's next to her.

"Alright everyone, here's your doll now remember you can't leave it unattended you must bring it back here every morning and collect it after school or practice", Mr. Allen reminds us as he passes out the live-looking dolls.

"It got my eyes", Alec says to me, "this is truly our kid, maybe it will look like that in the future too", he grins and I roll my eyes.

"Please like I would date you", I scoff.

"You will reconsider it, Mia, I just know", he whispers.

"So who's babysitting later?" I ask.

"You, I have things to do later", he shrugs and I grumble.

"Also babies aren't for parties so please don't carry the doll, but if you got no choice then make sure you supervise", Mr. Allen adds.

"Matt you're babysitting, Sam and I have a date later", Ally says to Matt who's holding the doll upside down and shaking it.

"Sure it's not like I'm going to be doing anything later", Matt rolls his eyes.

"Sorry Alyssa, but Sam will be busy helping me with this project", Claire declares.

"We're having that date even if the baby has to come with us", Ally hisses.

"Alright people you can argue over who watching what when you leave", Mr. Allen says.

The bell rings and we all get up with our bags," so here's my number in case you need me to babysit when you're busy", I see Crystal handing Asher a piece of paper.

Ally shoots me a smirk then Sam places his arm around her waist, "we'll see you at lunch Mia", she says and leaves.

"Let's go meet Mason at our next class Mia", Matt swings his arm over my shoulder.

"Wait for me", Asher comes to my other side and link my arm with his. I smile up at him and we all leave.

***