At Dean's House P1

1:40am
—————
Authors POV

Addie and Dean were in the game room playing Rainbow Six Siege on the Xbox one. Dean was throwing a fit because Addie kept beating him.

She was laughing so hard she almost peed herself so she got up and went to the bathroom while she was in the bathroom her phone went off, though he didn't look at first because he didn't wanna invade her privacy and he thought it was one of their other friends but curiosity got the better of him when it went off a second time.

What he saw surprised but mostly angered him more. Once Adelaide came back she seen the look on his face looking down at her phone. She was stuck in her place unable to move because she knew he was reading her and Charlie's messages.

She was scared, infuriated, and upset. She was scared because she didn't know what she was gonna do. Infuriated, not at Dean but at herself because she then realized that she let Charlie manipulate her into staying with him for so long and now Dean is going to find out how he really treated her when he don't get his way or when he's angry.

Lastly she was upset, on the verge of tears not only because he broke her heart again but also because she thinks that Dean will no longer think highly of her and that he'll tell everyone what Charlie had said to her and they will no longer love or care for her.

She thought Charlie would be right on all the times he would say nobody loves or cares for her like him. He knew just the right ways to push the knife deeper, he'd always put her down when they're getting into arguments or just whisper things in her ear when they're in public and she's doing things he doesn't like. Though he'd never hit her but he didn't need to if he wanted to inflict pain on her.

The emotional pain is what she'd always felt but she loved him and always put up with it because in the end he'd always apologize, buy her something and say "sometimes I just have to give you some tough love but just know it comes from a good place"

She never told anyone what he does to her but Carson saw it one day when she was at Addie's house. She tried to talk to her about it but she would always tell her "it's nothing, he just has to show tough love sometimes" so Carson left it alone and never told anyone but always kept a close eye on them when he was around.

As for Dean, he didn't know what to think he just kept on rereading the last of the messages that Charlie sent Addie. It pissed him off to the core, he was thinking how someone could treat her like that, she was such a beautiful, smart, funny, and sweet but that's just a few things on what he thinks of her.

For what seem like eternity Dean finally looked up seeing Addie standing in the doorway looking like she's about to cry. As he was about to take a step she runs off into a room but before she could get to it Ambrose grabs her arm and pulls her to him. She doesn't look at him but instead the floor trying to stop the tears from falling.

He wanted to say something, ask questions too but he decided not too instead he just hugged her and rested his chin on the top of her head. At first she didn't hug back but eventually gave in, she hugged him as if that's the last time she'd see him again, as if she were to let go that she'd cave under the pressure of everything.

She finally let out the breath she didn't know she was holding then she couldn't hold it in no more so she started crying. Ambrose rubbed circles in her back and telling her how it's gonna be okay, to let it out, and how he'll always be here for her.