Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

“Truth or Dare?”

“Dare.” Says Natalie, grinning.

“I dare you too.. Tell Liam you like him.”

Her smile slipped. “Truth.”

“Why won’t you tell Liam you like him?”

She rolled her eyes. “You know why.”

“He likes you, Nat! As more than a friend!”

She rolled her eyes. “Right..”

Why did she have to be so clueless?

I felt like shouting at her, pointing her at the giant neon sign that was on top of Liam’s head. Every time he opened his mouth it was like it was blinking and flashing, every time he looked at Natalie you could totally tell.

She was blind if she couldn’t see.

“And don’t look at me as if I’m the clueless one… Harry’s totally crushing on you!” she said, smirking.

I laughed. “Yeah Right.”

“No, Seriously Lucy, He likes you big time.”

“Is this the same Harry we’re talking about? The one that once tied that bully, James or something to a tree and then ‘forgot’ about him when is started to rain..”

“See! Even then he was looking after you!”

I couldn’t help rolling my eyes.  “He was just getting back at James for calling me a wimp, any friend would have done that.”

“Yeah, But haven’t you ever noticed how Harry’s REALLY protective of you?”

“No.”

“What about that time he wouldn’t let you go to the beach because he was afraid you where going to get skin cancer?”

“We were seven!”

“So did you go?”

“Why not?”

“Because Harry didn’t want me too.”

“See, He likes you and you like him!”

“How does me being a pushover make us have crushed on each other?” I say, crossing my arms.

“Ugh!” said Natalie, throwing her arms up. “How can you not see that he’s had a crush on you for all this time?”

“Well, he hasn’t!”

“Oh? What about the Year Nine dance?”

“What about it?”

“Katie Lewis asked him to dance, the most popular girl asked him to dance and he said no!”

“How do you know all this? You didn’t even come to school until Year Ten!”

“Anyway, You want to know why he didn’t go?”

“Tell me.” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Because you were at home, with your broken wrist. He didn’t want to have fun without you!”

“Well it was his fault! If it wasn’t for his great idea to try Walking along the edge of my backyard fence I would’ve been able to go to that dance!”

“See!”

“What?”

“He likes you!”

“How does breaking your friend’s wirst make you have a crush on them?”