she leaves

He doesn't search for her when she leaves. He lets her live in his memories and only that. He thinks of her as bubbles someone blew his way that naturally popped as they raised and drifted through the atmosphere.

Sometimes he can feel her kiss. See her silver fingerprints. Sometimes he looks at his pale fingers and wishes he can extract the gold.

She was his lesson, someone who taught him to open his eyes and discover the world around him, how everything seemed to be a tad bit better, brighter when they were together and apply that to every waking moment now that they are not.

Lazlo meets a new girl. She takes heavy, demanding steps, like the weight of the world is just too much for her so she must stomp everywhere. She smells like rain on asphalt.

She was the first to say I love you, brown skin backlit by the sunset and light eyes gleaming. He believed her.

She has gapped teeth and narrow eyes and she's stunning. Her beauty is aggressive, she's impulsive and oftentimes she scares him.

Her figure is full and he feels like he'll drown in her every time they make love.

"I've got the type of love that ain't for fragile hearts," she constantly tells him.

He smiles every time.

Sometimes he thinks of Birdie, reflects on the short time they had and he wonders while she wanders.