Chapter 7: What An Adventure.

When we got to the boardwalk, it surprisingly wasn’t crowded at all! Usually on Saturdays, the boardwalk was full of screaming kids on rides, or in line for cotton candy. But I guess today Devin and I got lucky. The warmth of the sun spread across my back, and it felt good to be outside.

“So what do you want to do first?” Devin asked as we made our way to the entrance.

“How about we go on some rides, then the beach?”

“Sure.” He smiled showing his cute dimples. We went on most of the roller coasters, but those weren’t what terrified me. It was the Ferris wheel.

“Come on, It’s not even that high up.” Devin was trying to persuade me to ride the Ferris wheel.

“Devin, look, it’s practically in the clouds!!” I was way too nervous to ride the Ferris wheel. Mostly because I had heard someone fell off it once, and died.

“Would you go on if I held your hand?” Devin smiled at me. This response shocked me, yet I liked it.

“Uhhhhhhh fine.” I had given in. We were at the top of the Ferris wheel, and Devin had his hand in mine. Our hands seemed to fit perfectly. The Ferris wheel wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, especially when holding hands with Devin. I was beginning to wonder if I liked him…no I couldn’t. After riding some more rides, and Devin winning me a huge stuffed bear, we went to the beach. I had on my favorite bikini, and I couldn’t wait to swim in it. It was strapless, turquoise blue, and had little gold beads on the strings. I found my eyes glued to Devin as he pulled his shirt off. And damn was he fine. He had a tan figure, with the perfect 6 pack of abs.

“What are you staring at princess?” He asked. Princess was now officially my new nickname I guess.

“Oh uh I was looking at that girl behind you, I thought I recognized her from uh, camp.” I tried avoiding the awkward situation as much as possible.

“Oh sure.” Devin said sarcastically. I couldn’t stand the heat anymore, as I pulled off my tank top revealing my gorgeous bathing suit.  I also couldn’t help but notice Devin’s eyes wondered over to me as well. I ignored it, because I figured all guys like to see girls in bikinis right? The only thing was; Devin hadn’t stared at any of the other girls at the beach. It made me curious. I really wanted to get tan today, so I started walking towards the water for a good spot to lie. As I neared the water, I heard someone or something running behind me. And soon enough, Devin found his way in front of me, just close enough to splash water right in my face.

“Devin!” I ran around him; splashing him all over too. This went on for about 7 minutes until I fell, splashing water everywhere. Soon enough it was night time, and Devin and I were side-by-side looking at the stars. And in that moment, I felt life could never be more perfect

*****************************************************************************

Thank YOU for reading ! What do you think the next prank on eric will be? Do you think that Jade will get a boyfriend soon? if so, who?? Comment loves !! <3 xx