Chapter 12

Bo's POV

I found where Marcel's living, it's near the docks with a nice view of New Orleans. It's an old warehouse and it looks abandoned, I enter and I fell around for his presence it leads me upstairs. There's some furniture and other essentials "Nice place." I say. Marcel turns around "Bo, would you like a drink?" He asks with two glasses in his hands, I take one and take a sip "I should be kicking your ass all around this place." I say irritated and take another sip.

Marcel gives me a look "Now, why would you do that?" He asks "Because of that mess you caused at the feast of blessings, I was there." I say getting more irritated. Marcel cleared his throat awkwardly "Sorry. I didn't know you would be there." He says "You're forgiven, but you know how much I like witch culture and traditions. Despite themselves." I say.

I feel someone else approaching Marcel's Loft "Expecting someone else?" I ask "Yes." Marcel answers as Hayley barges in like woman on a mission "Come on in. Have a seat. I'd offer you a drink, but..." Marcel says as he gestures to her baby bump. Hayley looks around "Sweet pad." She says "Oh, it's just temporary. Friend hooked me up. Believe it or not, I still got a few of those kicking around. I need friends to keep me informed, to warn me when someone is coming looking to blame me for things I didn't do. For the record, you didn't have to work Diego like that. You and I are long overdue for chat." Marcel says.

"You want to talk? Talk." Hayley says "Tough girl. You're a lot like your Dad in that way." Marcel says, Hayley stares at him stunned "Oh yeah. I knew him. I knew your whole family. In fact, if you knew them like I did, you'd know just how many enemies they have. Back in the nineties, it was the Crescent Wolves who took over the city. Or, tried to. They lived to throw down, and they were good at it, too. They didn't care who they killed as long as they got power." Marcel explains.

Hayley gives him a look "So, the Crescent Curse was your way of stopping them? How heroic." She says "it was either that or kill then all, and I'm not big on indiscriminate slaughter. See, I have this thing about kids." Marcel says "So I've heard." Hayley says. Marcel smirks "Oh, you did more than hear about it, Andre Labonair. You're living proof." Marcel says.

Hayley narrows her eyes at Marcel "How have you known who I am?" She asks "I saw how interested you were in those Crescents. After your little family reunion out at the old plantation house, I started to put two and two together." Marcel answers. Hayley is getting slightly irritated "Tell me something, Marcel. Did you kill my parents?" She asks curious, I really hope he didn't "There was in-fighting among the wolves. Your folks were lowing low. Somebody turned on them. I honestly don't know who. I got there afterwards, found you in your crib." Marcel answers.

Hayley narrows her eyes again irritated "Give me one good reason why I should believe anything that you have to say." She says "Believe whatever you want, but were the last Lebonair. I mean, you could've been a lot of leverage for our side, but instead, I took you to Father Kieran." Marcel says.

Marcel pulls out a duffle bag and hands it to her "What's that?" Hayley asks "Money, mostly. Stuff you need to start over someplace safe. Whatever happened in the Bayou, I'm not your guy. But, the way things are going? Eventually, I might have to be." Marcel says. "So, this is your grand plan? Get me out of town, and Klaus and Elijah follow closely behind?" Hayley asks "I can't say that wouldn't be a positive side effect." Marcel says "So why don't you leave? Follow your own advice?" Hayley asks "I was born here, Hayley." Marcel answers "So was I." She says back, seems there at an impasse.

Hayley goes to leave, but Marcel stops her before she walks out the door "Guy on the bike? The bomber? Word is, he had a gambling problem. Owed money to the casinos—more importantly, to the humans who run them. And Hayley? When things get bad, remember, I tried to get you clear of it again." He says then Hayley leaves.