Chapter 11

Bo's POV

It's been a month since Rebekah left and Klaus has finally apologized for his past sins against me. So, Klaus and I had a talk, and he wants me to have his back while he plots to keep his foothold in the French Quarter and I agreed to his terms. Now what I don't understand is, why is he sleeping with the witch that tortured him and Rebekah. It's not like I'm jealous or anything, I'm just wondering what the hell is going on in that head of his.

My thoughts are interrupted when I feel a presence in front, it's Elijah "I just had a talk with my Brother, I told him of my plans to make this city whole again and he's indifferent." He says. I roll my eyes "Is there a question?" I ask disinterested "What is my Brother up to?" Elijah asks. I sigh and get up from my seat "Even if I know what he's up to. I wouldn't tell you." I answer. I start to walk away when Elijah grabs my arm "I know, you know something." Elijah says menacingly, I glare at him "You better let go me or you're going to regret it." I threaten. He lets me go "I'm not some freaking vampire you can boss around Elijah, so you better keep your hands to yourself." I say in a veiled threat then I teleport elsewhere.

Sometime later, I go back to the compound I'm on the balcony with Klaus looking at his paintings as he starts another one. Elijah joins us and is looking his painting as well "Not a fan of cerulean blue?" Klaus asks Elijah "Not a fan of your continued indifference. I know your up to something and you've involved Bo." Elijah says, I sideway glance at him and go back to looking at the paintings.

"Well, it's difficult trying to unite a community that has a history of mutual loathing." Klaus says "Spare me the platitudes, Niklaus." Elijah says. "A perspective, then? If you want peace, you must begin with the werewolves. A hundred years ago, they had a run at ruling this city. As of late, all they've had is time to watch their enemies tear down that legacy." Klaus says "All the more reason why their reluctant to bring them to the table." Elijah says, I roll my eyes, if these factions really want peace then they'll have no choice but to give the wolves a piece of the city, it's only fair.

"Take a page from Bienville, Brother. If the table's the obstacle, remove it." Klaus says, he pours drinks "Do you recall in 1720, the governor's desperation to secure our help to build the cities first levees? We sat with him, and refused his offer, and so, he plied us with wine, with corseted women, and with raucous camaraderie until he had his yes." Klaus says, Elijah smiles "Are you suggesting that I throw a party?" He asks as if he didn't already know the answer, they toast each other and drink.

Elijah throws a party for all the factions, vampires, witches, and even werewolves. Klaus and Elijah are on the balcony watching party unfold while I sit at the bar drinking, hoping this party won't end in bloodshed. I'm on the balcony standing next to Klaus when Genevieve "Looking for your shrink?" She asks "Don't tell me you're jealous of Cami, love." Klaus answers "And what about him?" She asks glancing at me, I roll my eyes. Klaus doesn't answer "I mean, I understand why you would seek his company, but why would seek her company. She seems so... ordinary." Genevieve says.

I scoff at what she said, what the hell is wrong with being ordinary, besides Cami is a sweet girl "Well, sometimes, ordinary is a welcome respite." Klaus tells her "I thought I was your respite." She says playfully "Well, you are. Promise me—not another about Cami." Klaus says then he glances at me to follow him "Excuse me." He says to Genevieve and leaves, I follow after him.

I walk with Klaus to his study to greet a werewolf, Jackson is his name, I read his mind. What, I don't read the minds of friends or people I'm close too "I'm so glad you accepted my invitation." Klaus says to Jackson. He turns around slightly defensive and ready to attack "So, is this where the great Klaus Mikaelson says something poignant, and snaps my neck?" Jackson says, I stifle a laugh. Klaus glances at me annoyed "I'm not here to kill you. I'm here to offer you a gift." Klaus says "Out of the kindness of your vampire heart?" Jackson says, I stifle another laugh.