Chapter 1- leaving

||Monday night||

*Alyssa's POV*

The cold mid-winter wind hit me, making my silvery-blonde hair blow restlessly into my blue-grey eyes, as I stepped out of my house for the last time. I stood there looking at the small rundown one bedroom house that I called home for a few seconds before realizing that this house would be the only thing that would tell people I was ever part of this pack because once I'm gone no one will even remember the shy omega girl's name. I started walking down the sidewalk it was midnight and the only sound that I could hear was the crunch of the snow under my black combat boots. After a few minutes I stopped in front of the pack house, were the alpha and his family lived. I put a small hand-written letter in the mailbox not wanting to wake anyone by knocking on the door. My wolf told me I should run into the house find him and beg for forgiveness for almost confessing like I had and that we would never leave his side again, but I couldn't do that I won't let him see me beg for anything not after he rejected me in front of the whole school like he did. As I looked up on the huge mansion like house I thought back on the events that had happened just this afternoon.

~Flashback~

I was getting my stuff from my locker when I smelled the strangest scent it was sweet and alluring, but something told me to be on edge to not follow the scent to turn around and go home. My wolf on the other hand was happy and told me to follow it, to find whoever it was that smelled like it. Trusting my wolf I followed the scent towards the gym were the alpha's son, Nico Harris, was shooting hoops with his friends and almost all the girls in the school were sitting in the bleachers watching them. "That's our one true mate!" my wolf squealed with excitement. A tiny part of me hoped that it wasn't who I thought it was, but as Nico threw the basketball into the basket he looked at me with this weird expression it looked like a mix between shock and disappointment on his face and when our eyes met there was no denying it was him he was my mate. I waited until after the game to talk to him about it so that everybody didn't hear that I was his mate, but most of the girls waited for him to leave so they could walk with him. I couldn't wait any longer so I pushed through the crowd of girls till I found him at the center of it all. I walked right up to him with my head held high, which isn't something I did often, and stated boldly "Nico, you're my true mate, I'm your luna." As I said it everyone gasped.

Nico looked at me like he could have killed me, but then he started laughing "You think I'm your mate that's hilarious little omega, but I already have a luna and even if I didn't have a luna I would never except you as my mate you're just a shy little omega. I will never love you, but good try." He said and everyone there started to laugh.

I ran out of the gym crying. "No, he's wrong we're his true mate." My wolf sobbed not wanting to except the fact that we had been rejected that he didn't except us. I ran all the way home and cried for hours. I knew I had to leave because I got rejected it was wolf law. So I packed my messenger bag and waited for midnight when I knew no one would see me leave.

~Flashback end~

Noticing I had spaced out I started walking again to the edge of the pack's territory. When I reached the edge I looked back on the cruel pack I called my home for sixteen years "Happy birthday to me." I muttered right before I shifted into my wolf form and let out one last howl before turning and running into the forest not listening to my wolf's cries to turn back and go to him. I ran until the sun came up and then I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Nico's POV*

I woke up feeling her presence outside my house I sat up in my bed and ran a hand through my jet black hair. I rubbed my emerald green eyes and looked at my alarm clock it read twelve o' five. I walked over to my window and saw her. She was wearing the same outfit she had on this afternoon black combat boots, blue skinny jeans, and a pink long sleeved shirt with a black sequined heart, and a black hoodie. She slipped something into the mailbox and looked at my house with a dazed expression. "Go to her she's ours we need her." My wolf commanded in a harsh tone.

"Shut up, she's an omega, the lowest of the low, I deserve someone better than her she's shy, nerdy, and weak. She could never be my luna." I replied as I stared down at the small girl.

"You're pride is going to kill you and me someday." My wolf growled as she started walking away, "Stop her run after her do something we can't live without her."

"No I refuse to admit she's my luna." I said and walked away from my window and back to my bed laying down and right before I laid down I heard a loud howl coming from the east border.