Chapter 3

Chapter 3

~Tris POV~

I get inside the Dauntless building looking around.
"Hey stiff! Wrong building!" I turn and see a guy standing right in front of me; so close that it makes me take a step back.
"Isn't this the dauntless building?"
He looks at me, then at my clothes and back at me "what would a stiff do in dauntless?"
Before I can answer him, he shoves me off and keeps walking.
I just stand there frowning and then I hear a girl say behind me "Ignore Peter." I turn around quickly a bit startled. She ignores that and continues right away. "He's like the bully of this place. He called you stiff cause that's how we call the ones from abnegation"
"Oh" That's all I say and the dark brown haired girl with dark skin talks again "I'm Christina. What's your name?"
"It's Bea..." Wait, that name doesn't sound right. It doesn't sound like a dauntless.
"Is it a hard one?" She asks "You know....." She shrugs "change your name, if that's what you want. You are new; you could be remade here."
I think about it for a moment and then answer as confident as posible "Tris."
"Tris" she repeats "cool name."
"Thanks" I say
"So what's your number of locker?"
"Ummm" I check the envelope and answer "476"
"Oh my god!" She squeals happily. "Right next to mine! I'll take you there right away! Let's go!" She grabs my arm and practically drags me through the hallways to the lockers.
"Wait! Aren't I supposed to wait for someone to give me the tour?" I ask while walking
"Oh, you're the Prior girl, right? Well casually I am supposed to give you one. So your name is Beatrice" And I nod. "I like Tris better" she says and we end in the lockers. I open my locker and grab the paper with the subjects.

1) Art - Mrs Wu
2) Gym - Coach Amar
3) History - Mrs Linde
4) Lunch
5) Dauntless subject
6) Biology - Mrs Green
7) Free period
8) Maths - Mrs Mathews

After reading them all, I go back at number 5 and frown. "what's Dauntless subject?"
"oh, you'll see." She says smiling. "Come on! We will be late for class. And we have the same ones so.....come with me!"
"okay" We walk again through another hallway and climb up some stairs.
"So in lunch, I want you to sit with me. I will make you meet my friends Shauna, Marlene and Lynn."
"Sound cool."
"How about we go shopping after school? You reaaaaally need to change that outfit, wear more black and make-up"
"Ugh....but I don't wanna....." I whine "I'm not the shopping type"
"Well you will learn to love it!!!" She says and I have the feeling she will make me go no matter what so there is no use to argue with her. She's cool and we can be great friends. We get in class and we sit together.
The teacher comes in and speaks "Hello! I'm Tori. I bet you liked your summer....cause I did and now i'm back here unfortunately." Some of the students chuckle. "I bet you all want to start the summer all over again..... But anyways, let's do something simple today. Draw something you like. Whatever.....and them give it to me at the end of the class. Start working"
I grab my sketch and start drawing. I decide to do the dauntless symbol for my first day here. As I continue my drawing I hear the door opening again and a group of boys come in.
"You are late!" Tori scowls.
"You really shouldn't be surprised" one of the group says and they go to find their seats at the back of the room. I see Christina roll her eyes and I turn to her with a who-the-hell-are-they look.
"Just ignore them." She whispers to me "they are these kind of guys you really don't want to hangout with. They throw parties all the time and there are rumors they hook up with a different girl every week."
I turn slightly my head backwards and see the small group talking. I turn around again and say "and who are they?"
Chris doesn't even look at them and continues with her drawing "they are Will, Zeke, Uriah and Four. The number boy is kind of the leader. They go wherever he goes."
"Well, who is worse? Four's group or Peter's?"
She shrugs "They are different from each other. Peter's group has Molly and Drew. They bully and beat the crap out of people all the time. But Four's group doesn't bother anyone....that way, I mean. They just believe they are kings and do whatever they want....so annoying"
I nod and keep working on the drawing. The bell rings and I give my dauntless symbol to Tori. I start walking out of the class while putting the sketch in my back without looking where I was going and I bump someone. The slippery floor causes me to slide a bit and I feel two hands grabbing my waist to steady me.
I was about to mumble a sorry when I look up and see.......

I give you that cliffhanger! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Comment below who do you think that person is! OOOOh and pleeeeeease vote!!!
Again! All right to VERONICA ROTH
Xoxo Cassie