Chapter 16: I Want You To Have This

"Louis, what are you doing later?" Harry asked the next day during a concert rehearsal. It was for a concert that would most likely be cancelled in a few weeks. Harry wouldn't be attending.

"I don't know, I think El and I might go out to eat." Louis answered, looking up from his phone. "Why do you ask?"

"I was just wondering. I feel like I've been so distant lately. I just wanted to get together with everyone, outside of work time." Harry confessed.

"Well, tonight's no good, but Zayn was going to come over Wednesday night. You're welcome to join us." Louis offered.

"Sounds great," Harry cheered.

"Okay then," Louis rolled his eyes and looked back down at his phone. He must've known something was up.

~~~~

"Fuck you, Louis," Zayn muttered and tossed his controller off to the side. The boys had been playing Fifa, and so far, Louis had won every single game. "I don't want to play anymore." He got up and headed towards the stairs leading up to the kitchen. "I'm going to take a piss."

"Do you want to play again or" Louis began.

"No, Actually I wanted to talk to you." Harry piped up.

Louis nodded, giving Harry the floor to speak.

"I've been thinking a lot recently, and I," Harry pulled a few small items out of his pocket. "I want you to have this." He handed over his three favorite rings, his teddybear ring, the peace ring, and the flat, gold one.

"What are you doing?" Louis held the rings in his palm, not sure what to do with them.

"They're for you." Harry smiled sadly.

"I can't take your rings, are you mad?" He tried to hand them back.

"They're very important to me, so I want you to have them." Harry said more firmly this time. It broke my heart.

"But why are you giving them to me? Are you honestly feeling alright?" Louis looked concerned, and rightfully so.

"I'm fine, I swear!" Harry forced a laugh and shook his head.

"Well thank you. I promise I will take good care of them."

"Thank you so much Louis." Harry breathed a sigh of relief.

Zayn came bounding down the stairs. "What's going on?"

"I have something for you." Harry turned around.

"What's that?" Zayn leaned over the back of the couch to face Harry and Louis.

"This," Harry laid his key necklace in his hand.

"What?" Zayn gave the same response as Louis.

"Just take it. Understand that I really think you should have it." Harry explained. "And one last thing." He pulled a white envelope out of his jacket's pocket.

"Your note from your dad?" Zayn's eyes widened. "You're not serious, are you?"

"I'm dead serious." He replied.

"Harry, no. What the fuck is going on? There's got to be something wrong with you!" Zayn croaked.

"It's really not normal," Louis furrowed his brow.

They continued to argue. Harry insisted that he was absolutely fine, but Louis and Zayn agreed. It broke my heart. Harry was giving away his prizes possessions to the ones he loved. I knew for a fact that he had even more special items separated into boxes for certain people in his attic. After he died, he wanted to be sure this things would fall into the right hands. He had fully come to peace with the idea that his life would be ending.