Chapter 8: After Her Blood Has Turned Into Alcohol

"Good morning sunshine!" Harry yanked open the curtains, exposing me to the bright sunlight.

I winced as it burned my eyes. "Huh? What happened last night?" I asked, my eyes drifting over to the clock next to the bed. It was after noon.

"You got into my liquor cabinet." Harry said casually and looked around the room.

"I did?" I didn't remember anything like that.

"Well I furnished it to you," He sat down next to me on the bed.

"Harry you... You..." I was furious that he got me drunk in the first place, and also that he was responsible for making me feel like this.

"Say it," he pressed. Harry knew he had some awful name coming at him.

"I'm too tired to. I feel so icky." I sighed.

"You told me some interesting things last night Aria," Harry continued even though the horror on my face was evident. He somehow knew who I was all of the sudden. "Yes, you told me your real name. You came completely clean. About Arelle, who you are, all of your feelings toward me. Everything. You're quite the bubbly drunk."

"HARRY DON'T EVEN JOKE ABOUT THAT! DID I REALLY?!" I wanted to curl up into a ball and die. Does he not understand what could happen now that he knows?

"Yes," he said softly. "But you didn't tell me exactly what will happen if someone found out about us..."

"Well, what happened to Arelle is exactly what's going to happen to me. I'd be reassigned if I broke one rule, let alone all of them. You cant tip off a soul about my existence. Otherwise, I'd be gone for good. There's no way they would let me anywhere near you again."

"Who is 'they'?" He asked.

"My supervisors and more specifically the Head Angel. These angels control absolutely everything." I answered quietly.

"Wait, what about Ella?" Harry's eyes widened.

"My sister?" I didn't know why he suddenly had to bring her up.

"You said they control everything. Including assigning angels? Because Ella should have one." He was piecing things together.

"I don't know if she does or not," I shrugged. "I also don't know why she would need one,"

"You're kidding right?" Harry posed.

"No..." I said slowly.

"When you died, she was still very little. She had no clue what was happening. All Ella knew was that her big sister, whom she loved very much, was gone forever. And it wasn't just her who cared. You meant the world to so many people," he said as if it were obvious.

"That makes me sound so amazing," I said dryly. Harry started to say something in return, but I continued. "If Ella has an angel, I want to meet her. I'm going over there, but I can't take you with me. While I'm gone, I don't want you messing around. I'm not here to save you," I got out of the bed and began to get ready to leave.

"Gosh you sound like my mother! I'll be fine!" He chided.

"I'll be back later!"