Darkness In His Heart (HW! Dark Link x reader)

Dark Link sighed as he sat atop a house in Hyrule. He no longer had the urge to kill or destroy due to the fact that Cia had been defeated. He just wished that he had the courage to face Link and Zelda and see if they would accept him despite his mistakes. Dark Link sat, staring at the moon until there was a yelp from across the way. He got up and looked around and then Dark Link heard it... a scream was heard from the alleyway to his left and he quickly rushed over to see what was going on. There you stood with (H/L) (H/C) hair and beautiful (E/C) eyes. You were cornered by four drunken men with wide smirks on their faces. Dark Link jumped down in front of you and unsheathed his sword, aiming it at your attackers. 

"Back off... Men with such disgraceful habits shouldn't even look at someone so fine as this Maiden!" Dark Link snapped at the men. They chuckled and pulled out daggers. Dark Link raised his sword and slashed one of the men across the face drawing some blood. Despite the bleeding wound, Dark Link had only cut deep enough to bleed but not to harm. The wound wouldn't leave a scare but it would hurt like hell due to the dark magic that Cia had infused in it. The men scrammed and Dark Link turned to face you. He turned to walk away but you grabbed his wrist and looked down sadly. 

"Please... Don't leave me... alone..." you said as tears dripped down your chin and nose. Dark Link's eyes widened and he turned around, placing his hands on your shoulders. 

"What is your name, fair maiden?" Dark Link asked you, lifting your chin so you looked at him. You sniffled before replying. 

"(Y/N)... I'm trying to get Hyrule Castle but I got attacked on my way there..." you said as she held back tears. Dark Link tensed and hugged you awkwardly. 

"There.... There..." Dark Link said with a hint of hesitance in his voice. "Why don't you stay with me until the morning... I can escort you to Hyrule Castle myself in the morning..." Dark Link offered as he smoothed your hair. He thought of why he was being so kind to you but couldn't figure out why. 

"Are you sure that's alright?" you asked with a sniffle. Dark Link nodded and smiled for once before picking you up and carrying you to his small house on the edge of town. 

"I-I can walk myself, sir...." you stuttered shyly. 

"You're not wearing shoes and your feet have cuts... I'm carrying you..." Dark Link replied. 

"Sir... what should I call you?" you asked him. He sighed and put you down on the front porch of his house. 

"My name is Dark Link and I have come to Hyrule searching for new beginnings..." Dark Link said as he opened the door. He welcomed you inside of his house and made some hot cocoa before handing you a cup of it. 

"You can sleep on the bed... I'll sleep on the couch..." Dark Link said before he took a sip of hot cocoa. 

"Oh! It's no trouble! I can sleep on the couch! I've already disturbed you enough!" you said with a blush. Dark Link shook his head and sighed. 

"I'll sleep better if you sleep in the bed...." Dark Link said before plopping down on the couch. You sighed and agreed before sipping your hot cocoa. Dark Link sighed and looked at you. 

"You know, a young maiden like you shouldn't be walking around at night like you were..." Dark Link said sternly. 

"I-I... don't exactly have a home to stay at... I was going to Hyrule Castle to become a knight so I could have a place to stay..." you said sadly. Dark Link scoffed and got up. He walked over to you and took your hand. Then he kissed it gently and smiled sweetly at you. 

"Would you like to have a place to stay? You can always change your mind and leave but, for now, would you like to stay with me, my princess?" Dark Link said as he blushed slightly. You blushed and looked away. 

"S-Sure.. But I still need to go to Hyrule Castle to steal some bread..." you said shyly. Dark Link chuckled and pecked your lips. 

"No... we will both go to Hyrule Castle to buy some bread

You blushed and touched your lips as Dark Link winked and plopped down on the couch.