My Gay Best Friend's Brother [8]

OMG! Are you guys excited? This is the chappie with Finn's POV. I've been both dreading and anticipating this. It's been a while (more like a lifetime really) since I've updated this, but I'm back...somewhat.

Uhm...anyway, I hope you all enjoy this. I'm not holding my breath on this though. I hated this chapter and everything that was involved in writing it. I was mad at myself the entire time. But, that's the writing process for you. I know I'm going to hate it even more when I have to write the...well, I'm not going to say because that would be a spoiler.

Okay, alright... I'm leaving you guys to it.

Thanks and Happy Readings! (:

********************

My Gay Best Friend's Brother: Chapter Eight

********************

Past, Present, and Future

Finn's POV:

On my way to Maddi's house, my phone rang. And rang. I didn't bother to check it until I parked in Maddi's driveway.

Calli.

Immediately, a smile came to my face; just like it always did. Callista Patience Cavanaugh was my best friend. And, the person I've been in love with since the first day I saw her sitting on a bench, crying. Even behind all the tears, the blotchy face, the puffy eyes - she was beautiful. She had her legs pulled into her body, her arms wrapped around her knees. I had decided to go on a walk, clear my head, and there she was. I had walked up to her and looked down at her. And, with a smile, I had asked how she was.

"I'm not in the mood," she had said. Then she dipped her head in the cavern of her arms.

I had sat beside her and just silently kept her company. We just sat like that for what seemed an hour until finally, she lifted her head and asked, "What are you doing?"

I shrugged. "Keeping you company."

She looked so surprised, but recovered fast, "I don't like being hit on."

"I'm not hitting on you," was my quick reply.

She narrowed her eyes. "Then what are you doing?"

"I already told you."

She shook her head and her dark raven-black hair floated around her face. Again, the word beautiful flashed in my head.

"Why are you being so...nice?"

I had laughed at that. "Not everyone is a dick."

She half snorted/half laughed. "You'd be surprised."

We were silent. It wasn't uncomfortable - more like an understanding silence.

"Why are you crying?" I finally asked.

She looked at me a moment, before she turned away. Then, with a small voice, she said, "What always makes a girl cry?" She paused, but not long enough for me to answer. "A boy."

I wasn't sure what to say after that, but luckily she continued speaking. "Me and my dad just moved here after...well, lots of things happened. But now I'm not so sure if it was the right thing to do."

I closed my eyes and leaned back on the bench. "Did he break your heart?" For some reason, I felt my chest tighten. And, of their own accord, my hands tightened into fists.

When she said, "Yes," I felt my heart stop.

"Did you love him?" I opened my eyes and faced her. "Do you still love him?"