My Gay Best Friend's Brother [4]

First off guys...I'd like to hand out a dedication to Daisy-Boo16. She was my 100th comment on chapter two. And, it was the first time one of my stories received that many comments! (: So, this is for you! I hope you like it!

Anyway, sorry this took a while to finish. I had about six pages written on MS Word, but then my brother kind of guilted me into getting off the computer. It's his birthday and apparently the KING of the day. Oh well, I managed to get back on and finish up the chappie just for you all.

So, I got lots of theories on who Cory is and why he's in the story. And, lots of comments saying that you guys don't like him already. Well, there is a lot that deals with Cory...and in this chappie you get a little glimpse into that. He has a background, a past, and I'm really excited to find out what you guys think! By the way, don't you guys just love the title of my chapters? I think they're funny lol. Then again, I am sorta weird, huh?

Another thing...to all my readers of "A Visit to my Brother.." I'm not going to stop writing it. I'm just taking a...sabbatical from it. I'll be updating it starting next week, I promise. I just need a break, you know? Clear my head and get back into the story.

Okay, I'm done chatting your ears off...err, eyes?...so go on to the story. Remember to comment! I love reading what you guys have to say! Enjoy!

Thanks and Happy Readings! (:

********************

My Gay Best Friend's Brother: Chapter Four

********************

Ambulance's, Flying Pig's, and Old Friends

Calli's POV:

"That was beautiful Cory."

I have no idea what had possessed me to say it. Maybe because it was beautiful, or maybe because no matter what had happened between me and Cory I would never truly hate him.

He still hadn't said anything, was still standing in the same spot. It gave me a chance to take a good look at him. Well, he grew up, that was for sure. He was taller, maybe five-eleven or even six-foot. His once dark brown hair seemed to be lighter, from dye or sun, I couldn't tell. He was wearing some dark blue jeans, a hoodie, and converse. It wasn't much different from what he wore when we were younger. As I continued looking up and down his body, something white on his wrist caught my eye. It wasn't like I was searching for it...it was just that the things was white and against his black hoodie, it was hard to miss.

"What's on your wrist?" I asked before I could think about what I was doing.

I watched as Cory pulled his sleeve further down his arm, covering his wrist further. "Nothing," he said, his voice tight.

At least he said something. He shifted his weight from one foot to the other and I could tell that he was straining to just stand. I didn't know why, but he looked sick. Cory was never sick. What was wrong? "Cory?"

He took a few steps back and bumped into the side of the piano. Shutting his eyes, he said, "Call the nurse...or..."

He never finished though, because he fell to the ground. I yelled for help as I ran up on the stage. I knelt by his side, afraid to touch him, afraid to hurt him in any way. "Cory," I cried out to him. What the hell happened? How did...what... "Help!" I cried out again. "Someone!"

The next thing I heard was the doors to the PAC crash open and running in was Finn, followed by Maddi, Jamie and Winter...and the whole cafeteria it seemed.

"Calli? What's wrong? What happened?" Finn's voice reached me more than any other. He was by my side in the next instant.