Tacos

"Holy shit, Ben. I can't believe this is happening." I grinned at him as we stood side stage with Danny and Nikki. He stood with his arms folded across his chest as we watched Issues perform 'Stingray Affliction'.

I sang quietly to all the words and promised myself I'd watch their next set in the crowd so I could scream the lyrics along with everyone else.

"They're not bad, I'll give them that." He nodded and I gawked at him in disbelief. "By not bad I hope you mean utterly amazing." I rolled my eyes and felt him snake his arms around my waist with a small kiss on the back of my head.

"I'm gonna grab some food, want anything?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Whatever you're having is fine." I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Alright, I'll meet you back here after."

Ben left and Nikki and Danny followed him, but I decided to stay and finish watching the set. A few times, I caught Tyler glancing at me as I watched thoughtfully.

A few songs later, the band walked off stage and I officially met everyone properly. Michael greeted me with a brief hug and Tyler picked me up in a bear hug.

"So what'd you think?" He asked with a grin. I laughed at how excited he was. "Brilliant, I knew it would be." I confessed and he punched my arm lightly. "Well thank you. I'd better get cleaned up, so I'll catch you later." He told me and I nodded before he walked away. 

I made my way back to the constant moving crowd and over to the taco truck where I presumed Ben would be. I was correct, although we ran into each other before I actually arrived there.

"Tacos really are amazing." I winked at Ben as he handed mine to me. He went to reply but a girl next to him shrieked, capturing our attention.

"B-Ben? Ben Bruce!" She exclaimed. She was younger, maybe sixteen and her friend squeezed her hand in hers, clearly containing her own excitement. Barely.

"Can I have your autograph?" The first girl begged and Ben laughed, handing me his taco. "Sure. Ash, could you take a photo of us?" I agreed and the girl handed me the camera. I snapped a couple shots and they thanked me.

"Are you Ben's girlfriend?" The second fan piped up and I let out a nervous laugh. Ben even chuckled and I realised we had both been caught off guard. "Yeah, she is." Ben replied before the first girl changed the subject. She nervously asked a few questions before running off toward another stage with her friend after Ben said he had to go.

"Wow, awkward." I scratched the back of my neck and handed Ben back his food. He chuckled again and I smiled at the sound. "Sort of, but I don't mind." He admitted and I felt a small wave of relief wash over me knowing he really did feel comfortable acknowledging our relationship to his fans.

"Now let's go check out You Me At Six." I grinned and he groaned. "We have all tour, let's just relax!"

"Relax? Dude, I'm at Warped tour, there is no such thing!"