Chapter One

Hi there! Here's the second Wreck-It Ralph fanfiction I posted. I'm thinking after this one, I'll focus more on original stories or a Super Mario fanfiction. I might even post an art book. Who knows? I don't. I'm still deciding.   :)  I hope you enjoy this story.

I do not own Wreck-It Ralph. Disney does.

I DO own the cover because I drew it.

And I will try my best to post a new chapter every day or two.

The arcade opens in five minutes, and Vanellope is still talking up a storm with Ralph in his game. She's seated in his lap and she waves her hands around as she talks.

"So when I tried to swerve so I wouldn't crash into Rancis, I drove off the cliff and fell to my death!" Vanellope exclaims.

"You know..." Ralph slowly begins while a smirk forms on his face. "You talk a lot about this 'Rancis' kid, huh." He teases. Vanellope sticks out her tongue and scrunches up her nose.

"Ew! Ralph, I'm nine-years old! And Rancis is so not my type!" She points out.

"Sure. Sure," Ralph nods. Vanellope punches him in the shoulder, but he doesn't feel her fist when it hits him. Vanellope glitches out of Ralph's lap and Ralph stands up.

"I gotta go," Vanellope groans. She doesn't like when she has to part ways with Ralph. "I'll see you after the arcade closes, okay?"

"Got it," Ralph agrees. He stretches out his giant hand and Vanellope gives him a high-five.

Just as Vanellope gets to the train station in the game, the little train pulls into the station and Felix quickly hops out of it. Before Felix can rush past Vanellope, she waves and greets, "Hey, Hammer Time! Slept in this morning, huh?"

Felix rubs his right eye with the back of his gloved-hand and bites back a yawn.

"Yeah," he says sleepily. "I hate being late, but sometimes I just sleep in, ya know?"

"Or you were just goofing off with the sergeant the other night," Vanellope grins.

"Uh huh," Felix sighs dreamily. "Wait, no. I mean, I-" he groans. "You and I were never talking," he quickly says and sprints to the apartment building. Vanellope bursts out laughing before she heads back to her own game.

The day goes by pretty fast for Ralph, Felix, and the Nicelanders. Nobody played their game at all today. Ralph and Felix went through the demo screen all day. Not one gamer inserted twenty-five cents into the game console.

Soon enough, the arcade closes, but Mr.Litwak doesn't leave quite yet. Every week he collects the quarters from each game console. He pulls a big blue bucket out from under the prize counter and gets to work. He turns a key in the front of a game console and opens a small door. Then, he scoops out huge piles of quarters.

Mr.Litwak continues to do this as the arcade-game characters play through their demo screens. Ralph looks over at Sugar Rush Speedway. He watches Mr.Litwak collect tons of quarters from that game. Ralph smiles. Sugar Rush is doing a great job being popular.

Eventually, Mr.Litwak turns his key in Fix-It Felix Jr. As soon as he opens the small metal door and peers into the console, he frowns.

"Huh, you guys were doing so good last week," Litwak mutters to himself. He only pulls out about six quarters and drops them in the bucket. After Litwak shuts the door and locks it, he walks back over to the prize counter and grabs a pen and a little notepad. He scribbles down:

May 24

Fix-It Felix Jr.

Six quarters.

Then, he walks back over to Fix-It Felix Jr. He wraps his hand around the joy stick, and a chill shoots up Felix's spine. Felix can feel when someone lays a hand on his game's controls. Mr. Litwak moves the joy stick around and taps a few buttons. Felix doesn't move because Litwak didn't insert a quarter. Mr.Litwak pats the console.

"Maybe next week you'll get some more quarters," he says before he picks up the bucket full of coins and continues to collect quarters from other games. Eventually, he locks up and leaves the arcade.

Felix dashes over to Ralph and asks, "Did you happen to see how many quarters we had?" Ralph scratches his chin.

"I saw four or five in Litwak's hand," Ralph answers. "We gotta up our game." Felix takes off his hat and fidgets with it in his hands.

"You're fidgeting," Ralph points out and Felix quickly stops.

"Ralph, what if no one plays our game anymore?" Felix asks.

"Our plug will be pulled and we'll all die if we don't escape. But don't worry about it. We'll get more quarters."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive," Ralph pats Felix on the back. "Now, I gotta go visit Vanellope. See ya around." Ralph waves and then walks off to Game Central Station, leaving Felix standing there. The handyman turns on his heels and looks up at the apartment building. His game is thirty-five years old. Their plug is destined to be pulled eventually like any other game. But, even though Fix-It Felix Jr. is one of the oldest games in the arcade, Felix thinks it's too soon for it to be game over.

Okay! I did a poor job with the writing in this chapter. (Shame on me.) But, you know, I typed this up about two months ago. The writing will be better as the story unfolds because I'm pretty sure I've made some improvements in two months. Bye!