Ch. 2 Meet The Jock

I woke up and the first thing that came to mind was that Brad’s picking me up. I’m in a good mood, turned on the radio, and started dancing around. I put on my pink camouflage shirt that says “Doesn’t play well with others”. I pulled on some dark jeans and my boots. Then, just had to put on my camouflage belt with horseshoes and rhinestones on it. My hair was still wavy and I looked good. I ate two poptarts, brushed my teeth, and headed outside. I got a text from Brad that said “Good morning beautiful. Hope you slept well. I’ll be there in 5 minutes.” Aww, how cute is that? I smiled to myself. I texted back “Good morning handsome. See you then.” I was in bliss. I waited in front of my house. He pulled in. I hopped in his car. It was amazing.

“Good morning Black Beauty.” I said patting the dashboard.

“You’re not going to let me live that one down are you?” He asked with a bit of a blush. That’s cute, he’s actually kind of embarrassed.

“Nope. Wait, how did you know where I lived? I just realized, I never told you.” I asked just realizing it.

“I’m not a stalker, I swear. I’d seen you outside a couple of times when I was over at Erik’s house.” He said pulling out of my drive.

“Who’s Erik?” I haven’t heard of him but, then again it was only my second day of school.

“You don’t know who Erik is? Have you not heard the music and parties?” He asked looking at me for a second.

“Yeah, but I didn’t know who was throwing them. So, someone at school lives across the street from me?” I asked thinking about it.

“Not someone, the someone. Erik is the most popular guy at school, he’s the quarterback and just all-around best jock. Him and his on again, off again girlfriend Priscilla are the rulers of the school. You’ve already ran into her.” He smiled at me at the end.

“You saw that?” I blushed and looked out the window.

“The only person who didn’t see it was Erik because, he played hooky yesterday. Yes, everyone saw it. I think you proved yourself but I’d watch your back, if I was you. I can help with that.” He smiled at the window.

“Thank you. I think I can handle a slut, just tell them there’s a guy somewhere waiting for them.” It wasn’t the best but it’s true.

“Well, I guess that’d work.” He chuckled. I think it’s so sexy when a guy chuckles a low, deep chuckle. I smiled.

“Yup. Thanks for giving me a ride.” I put on my favorite pair of shades.

“Anytime. You didn’t wash my number off?” It was an observation not an accusation.

“Nope, I thought I’d keep it for a little while.” I didn’t want to wash it off so, I could show Daisy and Bailey.

“To show it off.” He winked. I laughed. Wow, he hit the nail on the head.

“No, you just have pretty handwriting.” Ok, not my best comeback but I couldn’t think of anything else but it is true that he has pretty handwriting. But I wasn’t going to admit he got it right.

“Ahuh, say whatever you want, I know the truth. I won’t tell anyone.” He smirked.

“Really?” I asked with sarcasm. He looked at me and smirked. I did what any good teen would do, I stuck my tongue out at him. Yes, this is something I did a lot, mostly when I was annoyed.

“Did you just stick your tongue out at me?” He laughed. I did it again.

“Yup.” I smiled.

“You sure you ain’t a dude? You act like one. I thought girls were supposed to be all mature and stuff.” He laughed.

“I’m sure. You’ll learn that I ain’t like most girls. I’m more fun and less stuck up.” I smirked my favorite smirk, one I learned from the boys that I used to live beside.