Chapter 5

allen on the side or above

The next morning my dad went to work. Cheryl had to take Lola to her dads for the rest of the day. Everyone else in my family was up at  9:30 in the morning. I am the early bird of the family, just like my mother. We would always wake up around the same time and we would prepare breakfast for everyone and plan out the day. Now since she's been gone, it wasn't the same.  Usually this early Allen and Libby would already be making their way over about now, but Allen is no longer part of our friendship, according to Libby..

I went straight to the kitchen to get some cereal.  There was nothing else to eat except cheerios and all that vegan/vegetarian fake food. Cheryl makes everyone in this house eat healthy stuff because Lola and her are into that stuff. I hate them both so much. My dad even lets them. HE loves meat and sweets, I don't know what's happening to him.

About an hour has passed, Nick and PJ were up. I could tell because I heard PJ on the phone with his girlfriend and Nick playing video games. Before you know it everyone was up. Maria had to go to work so that meant the triplets were gone for daycare, and I was also in charge. Ryan left early last night so he can visit his girlfriend back in Africa. He wanted to bring her back to become a citizen, so I know he'll be gone for a while. I also think he would be gone because he hates Cher. I can't blame him though. I was so deep in thought, I didn't even realize little Darla sat at the table with her overnight bratz bag packed.

"Can I go to a friends house for a sleepover tonight Jaylynn?" she asked politely.

"Let me ask dad, would you like some breakfast or something?"

"I don't eat breakfast here anymore. I eat lunch and dinner and cookies after that. thank you." She said before walking  into the family room to watch Dora.

Darla was the quietest in the house. She is 4 years old and has brown hair and the bluest eyes I've ever seen. We adopted her when she was about 2 years old. After my mom died, she hasn't been comfortable in this house anymore. She minds her own business and stays out of trouble. Darla also has the most manners. 

"Darla, dad said he will come drive you on his lunch break alright?"

"Yeah, come and get me when he here. I  going to go play barbie." she responds quietly. I always liked her the most. After she went upstairs, Nick came down. He is in 8th grade, but still doesn't have any friends.

"Hey bud, have any plans tonight?" 

"No, I am just going to stay home, play some video games and watch the football game." he responds quietly.

"Isn't PJ doing something?" I ask.

PJ is 15 about to turn 16 and he is really popular in his grade, so i hope he would hook up Nick with some friends or girls.. 

"PJ is going to his girlfriend's party tonight. He doesn't want me there, so I am not going. I have to get back to my game again so bye Jay." Hearing Nick saying that makes me so upset.

Being the nosy person I am, I walk upstairs into PJ's room and I say, "Take Nick to that party later, he needs friends. Ever since mom died him and Darla have been acting odd so do it because I said so."

PJ just nodded his head and I smiled and walked out of his messy room. 

After that, two hours had passed and my father came to bring Darla to her friends house. PJ took off around 3 with Nick to help his girlfriend prepare for the party later. So it was just Gina and I in the house. Gina never leaves her room. She is always, and I mean always in her room video-chatting her Australian boyfriend. Don't even ask me how she got an Australian boyfriend, well even a boyfriend before me.

I was bored put of my mind, so I left the house to go for a walk. Libby was probably about to do the same because I passed her house and she was about to leave.  I know she is upset about Allen, but she should not let this bring her down to such a depressed mood that she looks like a corpse.

"Lets go to a party!" I say in excitement.

"No more parties, it brings back terrible memories. Lets stay home and watch The Notebook." She says back with a monotone voice. 

"Lib-Ann," I used to call her that when we were kids, "I know you are upset about Allen, but you  should try and get your mind off of it. Talk it through with him, yell at him, i don't know nor care what you do, but seeing you like this makes me upset. "

Her face starts to lighten up, "Lets go talk to him, and I will give him my rage, I want to kill him Jay!"

Eventually we make our way to Allan's house. He lives about 4 or 5  blocks around from  Libby and I's development.

"Knock on the door first," Libby says nervously. Once I knocked Allen opened it in excitement. He is an only child, and his parents work all the time, so he is alone everyday without us. His jock buddies only talk to him at parties and school, from what I recall.

Libby starts to yell, "HOW COULD YOU, I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU DID THAT, WE TOOK AN OATH!" Allen just smiles.

"Why in the world are you smiling you should~.. Allen kisses her. My eyes bulge out if my head. I didn't see that coming.. I did have an idea ever since last year. They've been flirting, and being all lovey dovey. I thought they were all joking, but now I noticed. They could have told me, I am both of their best friend!  

"Libby, I know you are upset with me, but I love you a lot, you should know that. I have loved you since I have laid my eyes on you, but didn't know it yet. I only kissed that girl at the party because I was drunk and I wasn't thinking. I lost control. I am so sorry." he says quietly. 

"Allen, I accept your apology!" Libby says in excitement and jumped into Allen's arms and kissed him. 

"Well I am glad everything is unicorn and rainbows for you two.. Uh you can kiss each-other all night if you want to, and I am going to go to find a guy to make out with as well. Do not worry about me." I say sarcastically then awkwardly left  and they did not even notice. I have a feeling that might have to do with their faces being stuck together. Along the sidewalk, with all my luck, Zach is right in front of me. Why is this kid popping up everywhere I go?