four

luke

"Olive!" Michael yelled back as he looked up and saw who the person was.

Olive? He called her Olive?

He quickly got out of the car and brought her into a big hug. "How are you? We haven't hung out in a while!"

My jaw dropped. In a sense, I felt betrayed. Like, hey, I'm a pretty nice guy and I've done nothing wrong and Oliver seemingly hates me. She apparently loves Michael though, and no offense but he's sort of a dick to girls. He has a thing for boobs. But surprisingly, he seemed to treat Oliver really well.

"Hey Olive, this is my friend Luke! He's one of my best friends, from Australia." Michael introduced, a smile on his face, as if he was playing cupid. Little did he know, we already knew each other.

Oliver peered into the window and her eyes widened and we connected gazes for a while until she shot me a warning look and shot back up to look at Michael.

"Yeah, Luke's in my Writing class, we've talked." She said, passing her words off casually with a smile.

I stepped out of the car and leaned against it, laying my arms on the roof.

"You know Olive?" Michael asked, surprised.

I nodded with what I hoped to be was a sexy smirk. I wasn't very good with looking sexy or being appealing or anything like that, but embarrassingly enough, Calum gave me a few tips and lessons. He likes to call himself the girl whisperer.

Rule 1: always act cool and confident

Rule 2: bite your lip, smirk, wink

Rule 3: nice guys finish last so act like a dick

But just because Calum gave me advice, doesn't mean I follow it. I don't. Personally, I feel like I want a girl to like me for who I am. I'm sort of quiet, but then I'm also super loud and talkative. I'm not the most confident guy, and I have my insecurities. I do try to follow Calum's rule 2, because it does seem to attract girls. But rule 3 is something I don't follow. I want to treat girls as they deserve to be, with respect and kindness, as a princess.

~

We talked with Oliver for a solid 10 minutes before she announced that she has to head home and finish up some homework. She definitely wasn't a bitch to Michael, as she was to me.

She was just so appealing, I couldn't explain what it was, something just drew me to her. I wanted to get to know her, be someone that she trusted and cared for.

"She's great, isn't she?" Michael asked on the drive home, between the transitional pause of songs.

I nodded, twiddling my thumbs awkwardly. "Great."

"She has some nice tits."

Out of nowhere, an irritability came over me, and I clenched my fists. I shot a glare at him, "Don't talk about her like that."

Michael, turned his gaze on me, one hand on the wheel, one hand turning the knob that controlled the radio station. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"What's up with you?"

"Nothing. It's just not polite, that's all." I said, feebly covering up my angry outburst.

"You've never had a problem with me saying that about anyone else before." MIchael said, an eyebrow raised.

I ignored his comment, and turned the volume up, trying to hide away from his piercing stare. I diverted my eyes to look out the window. The scenery consisted of lots of hole in the wall shops and food stands. Also with a few palm trees scattered randomly down the road.