Good in Me

Song Fic FTW!!

The song is The Good in Me by Jon Bellion! Enjoy!!

P.S: some warnings for Kurogane's inner monologue's potty mouth.

-Maggic

___________________________________________________________________________________

You know that he trusts you, 

When Kurogane usually noticed that something had changed, weather it was about him or someone else, it didn't really effect him all that much. He would acknowledge it for sure, but then he'd just brush it off and continue with his life. It was always like this.

And I know that he loves you,  

So when another earth-shattering revelation punched him in the face, it shouldn't have been surprising if he had just shrugged it off and gone on with his day. But this...

This was something ELSE.

But somehow you convinced me again.   

Whatever monster had crawled out of the depths of hell and settled itself throughout his stomach and chest honestly needed to fuck off.

Seeing Fai smile like that wasn't new.

Hearing him laugh wasn't new.

So what. The. Fuck?

My foundation rumbles,  

Kurogane didn't really have much a clue of what he had said after that, he just remembered trying to get out of that situation as fast as physically possible so he could wonder what spirit had punched him in the gut and sunburned his cheeks.

And god dAMN IT WHY WAS HIS HEART BEATING SO FAST?!

And all my morals crumble. 

He half debated asking Tomoyo, only cause he'd known her for so long, but nooo. No. No. No. She'd say some weird shit and freak him out even more.

So no.

This was just a stomach flu,

And he most certainly DID NOT have feelings for the stupidly annoying blonde mage.

My father's warnings run through my head. 

Besides, there wasn't any real, solid proof right? No.

So he didn't...

Not really...

But then again...he didn't really know jack about what having FEELINGS for someone meant...

But he was NOT going to ask Tomoyo.

Your heart's a vine that I've bled trying to climb. 

Contemplating it further, he thought back a few months. Would he have cut off an arm for Fai a few months ago? Hell no! So what...

What had changed?

Yeah, you're making a ruin of me. 

He had a reputation for gods sake! He wasn't some love-struck idiot who would cut off an arm for the person he loved if they just said 'please'! He wouldn't! Never in the history of the earth would he have ever even THOUGHT about being so selfless that he would do that for someone. 

Would he kill for Fai?

Probably, but he already had.

But he had killed for Tomoyo too...