chapter 9- Final Chapter

As soon as Ian said the words he regretted it. He felt anthony skid to a halt in shock and stare at him, his gaze burning into him.

    Tears in his eyes Ian got out the car and began walking speedily away, having no idea where he was going.

"Ian!" Anthony shouted getting out the car and following him shaking his head in disbelief. He laughed and grabbed ians wrist gently. "did you just say what I think you said?"

Teary eyed, Ian pulled his hand back feeling his heart smash at the sight of his bestfriend laughing at his uncontrolled feelings.

"Yes...I said I love you Anthony." he whispered lovingly, the feeling of being rejected him made him want to hide away.

Anthony burst out laughing. "You got to be shitting me, man. Are you serious?!" he asked almost crying in laughter, not noticing the broken look on his friends face.

Ian growled in anger and sadness as he shoved anthonys chest. "You dick! why can't you just help me instead of laughing in my face at my feelings!" he cried.

Anthony rolled his eyes. "Oh come on! It's pretty funny." he giggled grabbing onto Ian's wrist before he had the chance to deliver another punch.

Tears welled in ians eyes as he glared at his bestfriend. "Stop it anthony. your leaving me...and I-I'm in love with you. Why don't you care?"

"I didn't ask to have a gay bestfriend." he smirked. "Come on Ian your not in love with me."

"Yes I am!" Ian yelled, tears now streaming down his face. "I am completely, hopelessly and crazy in love with you Anthony Padilla!"

Ian sighed and looked down at the ground, his tears splashing down to the grass. "I think your the most beautiful thing in the world. I would have all these stupid dreams when I was a kid about you sweeping me off my feet and asking to marry me, or just holding me in your arms and telling me you love me just once. Just hearing you say it once would make me the happiest man alive." Ian whispered, his voice thick with emotion.

    Anthony stopped as he looked at Ian. He looked over his friends disheartened face and sighed, his heart fluttering at the words.

"I had all these little stupid day dreams in class when I was in high school about you asking me out and holding my hand whenever you wanted to...but I gave up when I realized you could never love me. I grew up anthony but I never stopped loving you." he finished playing with his hands.

  Anthony stood silently as he looked at Ian. His cheeks pink. Smirking he pulled Ian close to his body quickly, wrapping an arm round his lower back.

Ian blushed and kept looking at the ground. "I-I always imagined you being with me a-and marrying me some day but I guess things just won't work out. You lo-" Ian was cut off with Anthony's lips caressing his own gently.

His eyes widened in shock and surprise but calmed down as he felt anthony stroking his cheek lightly as they kissed.

"Y-you love kale-" Ian tried to finished but anthony laughed kissing his more confidently.

"Shh." anthony hushed him quiet as he pulled ian even closer. "I lied...I love you."