Chapter Twenty

Rose couldn't believe how close it was to being Christmas.  Tonight was the annual Royal Variety show.  Rose and Harry would be attending for the first time and she couldn't help but be a little nervous.  She knew they would more than likely roast them.  But she felt like she needed a good laugh right about now given everything that has been going on.  

She just hoped that they didn't bring up any sensitive topics like what was going on with her brother and his girlfriend.

She was dressed in a gorgeous custom made Lorena Sarbu fully hand beaded gold ombre gown featuring a high-low skirt paired with Jimmy Choo 'Amika' pumps.  Her blonde hair was brought to the left side in full curls.  

Harry looked dashing in his black tuxedo.  His blue eyes sparkling as he had a smile on his face watching her as she walked towards him.  He still couldn't believe how unbelievably lucky he had gotten when he married her.  

Although the dress Rose was wearing did nothing to really emphasize her baby bump, she liked it like that.  She didn't want to give the paparazzi any chance of being able to snap pictures making money off of something that was so special to her and Harry.  It was theirs.  Besides, the dress was comfortable and didn't feel suffocating.

"Ready to go, beautiful?" Harry asked his wife as he stretched his hand out for her take, which she did.

"Ready," she smiled up at him.

They left in the black car with their security team behind them as they made their way to the Royal Variety Show.

It was a huge building where the Royal Variety was being held.  Rose could feel her heart pounding faster as their car pulled to a stop she could hear shouts and cheers from the public and flashes of light from the cameras clicking away not wanting to miss a moment of a picture which could surface the internet within the next two hours.

Harry kissed her cheek not wanting to mess up the lipstick on her lips before he stepped out and walked to his wife's side as she was getting out of the car.  The shouts were deafening calling for their attention left and right.  Not making any stops to pose for cameras and their protection officers right behind them as they walked into the building being greeted by the people in charge of the event.

They were sent to their seats which were in the balcony.

"As His Royal Highness and Duchess of Sussex makes their way into the hall Beverly Knight prepares to lead the National Anthem," the speaker says in a deep voice as Harry and Rose stand along with their team.  

"Ladies and gentleman, for your host this evening please welcome Mr. Jack Whitehall."

The audience claps and Rose looks at her husband with a smile on her face.  

"And now ladies and gentleman we have Your Royal Highness Prince Henry and lovely wife Duchess of Sussex Rose Anderson."

There's a round of applause around the room as Harry and Rose smile and wave to everyone.  The duke and duchess took their seats before the national anthem started playing and they all stood.  

"Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the biggest night in show business the Royal Variety Performance 2015 ," Jack Whitehall says into the microphone.

"An extra special welcome to a couple who are making their Royal debut tonight Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and his gorgeous wife, the Duchess of Sussex Rose Anderson."

Harry shakes his head with a closed lip smile on his face as Rose smiles excited for the night and ready for some laughter.

"I'm so excited to be here and in front of one my heroes.  Prince Harry is genuinely one of my heroes.  Have we got any Prince Harry fans here this evening?"