Tom-Believer

A/N HI GUYS! So I've been MIA for a while and the break I had has been great for my writing process. I've had time to focus on not only school but writing my poetry which is my main love and you can totally check that out on my profile (hint hint). But now I wanted to do a Christmas imagine for Tom and hopefully I can do some new year ones. Now if anyone wants to give a request I'm all ears, thank you all for sticking by me with such slow updates and I hope you enjoy this because this one is for you! Merry Christmas 🎅💖

Somehow Tom had convinced you to take him back to your childhood home for Christmas. By somehow, all I mean is, he fluttered his eyelashes and peppered you with kisses for a week until you couldn't deal with it anymore. So now you were in the car, with your bags chucked in the backseat, ignoring him as he drove you to your destination.

"Y/N?" He called you but you pretended not to hear him.

Almost instantly he sighed, "Y/N! Do I have to do the thing just to get you to talk to me."

You rolled your eyes, why did he always revert back to the thing and so quickly?

He looked at you and smirked, already knowing you were on the verge of breaking after 3 hours of silence.

"Alright fine," he shook his head dramatically, "I'll just do the thing. Here goes nothing."

You looked him dead in the eye, with a slight smile on your lips, "don't you dare do the thing Thomas William Hiddleston."

"I'm gonna do it."

"No!"

"Here it comes."

"Please don't I'm mad at you."

After stopping at a traffic light, he turned his head sideways and you groaned.

His voice lowered and his eyes went dark before he did exactly what you asked him not to.

"I am Loki of Asgard and I am burdened with glorious purpose."

You took a deep breath before laughter consumed your body. Every time he does it, you laugh without fail. Before you met Tom, Loki was one of your favourite characters and still is, but now you know him so well his Loki persona is hilarious to you because he is the complete opposite of him. 

You slapped him on the arm whilst he continued to drive as the lights turned green.

"I hate you," you gasped in between spurts of laughter.

"I know, I know," Tom smiled, knowing full well he'd broken you.

"So now I'm not on the receiving end of silent treatment, what's really going on?"

His voice was laced with concern and you knew you had to tell him.

"Christmas at home was always special and the best day of the year for all of us but since my nan passed, I've never been home for Christmas. I just don't know if it will ever feel the same without her, even if you're there."

He sighed and reached over to place a hand on your thigh, which you placed yours atop of.

"I was unlucky never to meet such an amazing woman as your grandmother, but I do know this, she sounds to me like an incredible family-oriented woman. So I'm almost 100% sure she would not want you to spend another Christmas away from your family. The people who you love and the people who she loved. And then to top it all off, I would be honored to spend the most special day of the year with the people you call family."

Wiping away a stray tear from your cheek, you pulled Toms hand upwards and kissed the back of his warm skin.

"I love you," was all you felt the need to say.