His Million Watt Smile: Part 7

"Ow!" I screamed in pain "Jeeze don't push so hard!" Sean was pressing my wrist to see if it was broken or not.

"I don't think it's broken." He said grimacing. He put the ice back on my wrist. It turns out I was defiantly not the best skater in the world. I had ran into walls, people, and the very occasional waiter on skates. By the end of the date I was covered in bruises and had a bloody nose. Sean swore he would never take me anywhere that involved coordination again. We thought we had both made it out alive but as I skated back to return my rental skates I slipped and got my wrist caught on one of the benches. It had twisted into a gut wrenching position making my head go light with pain. Lucky for me Sean had seen me fall. If I hadn't started to cry he probably would have laughed at me but the second he caught sight of a tear falling down my cheek, he was over to help me up.

Now I was sitting on his couch covered in ice groaning in pain. "I think I started to get the hang of it there at the end." I tried to start a conversation. He chuckled and shook his head. "What?" I asked acting appalled "before the wrist incident I was doing great."

"Yeah, do you think that was Wret the Waiter would say?" he mocked me, referring to the waiter I had probably scared for life. I sighed deciding I would most likely lose this battle and he smiled in victory. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder still smiling to himself.

"OW!" I shrieked, trying to make him think his arm hard hurt my bruises. He pulled his arm back as fast as he could. He opened his mouth to apologize "just kidding" I laughed at his face which was slowly turning to false anger "just making sure you still care" I said putting my hand to my heart.

"Oh yeah and what if I don't?" he challenged leaning closer. My face fell and I tried as hard as I could to push my pretend sadness into my eyes. I looked away from him pretending like I was about to cry. "I was only... I was only kidding. Please don't cry" he whispered. I turned to look at him surprised to see his face was inches from mine. I sucked in my breath, he looked really upset. "Please don't cry" he begged again putting his forehead to mine. I smiled and chuckled at him and he was confused. Slowly he realized I was only teasing him "Aw now you're gonna get it." He said jokingly. Before I knew it he was flipping me so I was underneath him, knocking off all the ice in the process. I squealed and kicked at him, this wasn't fair I only had one good arm- I used the term good lightly, it was just a bruised. He flopped himself on top of me crushing me with his weight.

"Get off! Get ooooff" I whined at him "Ugh, you are so heavy! Get off!"

"Nah I don't think so." He shrugged.

"Please get off of me." I begged. He shook his head determined to make me pay. He leaned forward and his lips stopped on millimeters from mine. My heart raced as he got closer I could feel him close to me. I burned just to reach up and kiss his soft perfect lips but he wouldn't let me. I would inch closer and he would pull back. What I did was bad but funny, he was being just plain mean. "Sean" I whined. He leaned down and gave me a quick peck on the lips before lifting himself off of me.

"I think it's time to take you home." He said leaning down to pick me up. He cradled me in his arms. "Your brother's probably already given himself and ulcer." He said walking me out to his car.

"You didn't have to carry me. I hurt my wrist not my leg." I ignored his comments about Lyle. I figured his eyes would most likely be black by the time we got home.

"I know, I just wanted to. I like being close to you." He said cheekily. I sighed at him; he was still making fun of all the romance novels I had stacked in my room. We slowly started the silent car ride home. After what seemed like the most awkward car ride of my life, we finally made it to my house. He walked me to the door pecked me on the lips and waited till I was in the door to drive away.

"What happened to your wrist?" Lyle said walking over to me his eyes tinted gray.

"We went skating and... I... um, fell" I admitted sheepishly. He laughed at me and dragged me in the kitchen to patch it up.

"If it's not better by tomorrow then we're going to get it looked at." He said ruffling my hair. I hopped off the kitchen stool and dragged me and my tired eyes to bed. You'd think I would have fallen right asleep, as tired as I was, but instead I tossed and turned. I didn't want to fall asleep if it meant I was only going to wake up in an hour trying to shake off the dream that had woken me. I sighed and settled for counting my glow in the dark stars stuck to my ceiling. There were 52 stars. I counted them a thousand times and then named them all. Eventually I drifted asleep against my will. I woke up at 7 to my alarm shouting in my ear. I looked at the clock again, 7? Oh no, I was late again. I jumped out of bed and ran to the shower, I flew as fast as I could through my morning routine. I threw my hair up in a pony tail and ran down the stairs to find Sandra and Lyle waiting patiently for me. We all jumped in the car and sped off to school.

I bursted in the school doors and glanced at the clock, 7:50. I wasn't nearly as late as I thought I was. I calmed myself and walked to the stairs to find Soph. She jumped up the second she saw me and ran over to give me a hug. "I am so glad you're feeling better." She gushed. Sean followed closely behind her. How was I going to tell her about him and I? Apparently he had that covered. He walked up and wrapped his arms around my waist completely ignoring Soph. He leaned down and passionately pushed his lips to mine, pulling me closer. I heard Sophia gasp and then squeal. I had to pull away from his kiss to laugh. "Correction!" she ran to hug me again "I'm glad you're feeling better because you have a lot of explaining to do!" she pulled me along with her as she started walking. I grabbed Seans hand just before he was out of reach and he fell into step beside us. I explained the whole day yesterday. Ever other sentence she would aw and then squeal. "So wait does Lyle know?" she whispered looking around as if Lyle was hiding behind a corner spying on us.

"Duh." How dumb did she think I was "I'm sure he would love hearing about a secret boyfriend from one of my friends" I said sarcastically.

"So you guys are, like... a couple and stuff?" she asked.

"Yes!" I said blushing. Could she stop with the questions? They were really embarrassing. Sean chuckled next to me wrapping his arm around my waist.

"So hows the wrist?" he murmured in my ear as Soph kept talking away.

"A thousand times better." I whispered back. He smiled at me and looked at my lips longingly. I guess both of us wished Soph would shut up. I just wanted to be with him right now but Sophia was my best friend so I guessed I owed it to her to listen.

When school had finally ended Sean and I ran hand in hand to his car. I tried to ignore the stares we got from people as they walked by. I avoided the urge to scream at them and pulled myself into the sanctuary of his car. "So where we going?" he asked.

I shrugged "anywhere." I said and we took off into the sun.

========================================================================================== Okay I got that this chapter is really really lame and stuff but I just wanted to get one more chapter in before I left. The first paragraph has been rewritten in my head at least 12 times now So I just haaaaad to write it down or else I was going to go mad. I can't thank you enough for the comments they always crack me up and make me smile :D you guys are da best :) Love you always see you in a week!!!