His Million Watt Smile: Part 4

Hey sorry it's been like forever since I've made a post! I'm going to try and make one more cause I'm going on vacation! Leaving for the beach this Saturday!!! Mmmm I can already smell that ocean breeze (and not the fabreeze kind!) Then next week I'm having surgery on my leg so I'm going to be stuck sitting anyway so I'll be all yours!!! :) how exciting!! Well I put a video with this is King of Anything I just wanted you to know what I was talkin about when I say it later... oops! Zip my lips! *unzip* thanks for reading by the way! *zip back again* mngoy! *unzip* enjoy I mean!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the car ride home we just let the radio play. Silence was something we both needed. It would help us to process the afternoon. He pulled up to my house and my mind dreaded the thought of walking in the door, what was I going to tell Lyle? I hopped out of Sean's car and without looking I told him thanks for the afternoon. I walked quickly up the walk knowing that not having Sean there would make telling Lyle what happened at least twenty times easier. I held my breath as I listened for him to pull out of the driveway instead I heard his car door slam as he came running up behind me.

I cringed and turned to face him. "You know usually when someone says 'thanks' it is code for bye" I grumbled at him. He smirked, most likely at my expression.

"Yeah and most of the time when I take people out on my boat they aren't supposed to have a crazy attack" Oo sting! "so we're even." He said jokingly. I raised my eyes to the sky and sighed at the clouds. I was tempted to dramatically curse the heavens, what did I do to deserve this? He smiled and all I could think about was the advantage I was going to have over Lyle. If Lyle started to freak I could just have Sean smile at him and blind him. I laughed satisfied with my own personal joke. I realized I had just laughed out loud when I looked up and saw Sean frowning at me like I was having another "crazy attack."

"What?" I glared at him. Didn't he ever laugh just to laugh? He sure smiled a lot, more than I would've guessed on first sight. He stood there grinning at me as if the question answered itself- which it did. I threw my hands up in defeat and turned to sulk up the walk way. I could almost hear his grin widen as he watched me walk up the stairs. I reached for the key and my heart jumped to warn me to take it easy. I obediently took a moment to compose myself so I could tell Lyle what happened before he guessed something was wrong. I put a big fake grin on my face and put the key in the lock and twisted it. The door swung open and I walked in and let out a sigh of relief realizing I had been holding my breath. Lyle wasn't home I silently reminded myself he was out with Sandra.

"So what's the verdict?" Sean asked walking up behind me. My hand flew to my heart.

"Don't scare me like that!" I looked at him and he chuckled. I had honestly forgotten for a moment that he was with me. "and he's not home by the way." I said plainly as my heart recovered from the resent scare. The way it was thumping in my chest could only translate into 'I told you so.' I frowned at his grinning face "I thought emo guys were supposed to cut themselves and hate the world." I grumbled. He chuckled at shook his head.

"So, your brothers not home... what about your parents." He said examining the room as if it was suddenly interesting.

"They aren't here." I said shaking my head wondering what he was getting at. He looked right into my eyes, his stare was so intense that I blushed and looked away smiling coyly. Jeeze why did I blush when I was around him, it was a stupid thing to do. He walked forward and stood in front of me so the tips of his shoes were touching mine. I could feel the heat radiating from his body, making me realize how cold I was. For some reason, in that moment, all I could think about doing was touching him.