Chapter 8

"ROLAND!" Georgie yelped as she ran back towards the centre of the crowd. Georgie ran towards Joseph, she knew how it happened in the movies. She'd watched Barbie's Swan Lake too many times as a little girl to know that being Ro's shield would only finish the both of them. When she was in grabbing range she took hold of Joseph's elbow and twisted 90 degrees. He yelped in surprise, but hooked his hand behind Georgie's back and pulled her to face him. He still had hold of her shoulder.

She took no time in waiting and punched in the stomach, pushing her arm up to knock his arm off her body. She'd learnt this from a fifty minute karate class her tech teacher gave the class two years back. He staggered back in pain, surprise and anger.

"Princess, I will not stand for this." Joseph said straightening up. Georgie's face twisted in disgust at him. Georgie's body shuddered as pain went through her body, Princess Georgina was also angry it seemed. Good at least they could decide on one thing, Roland. "Guards." a cruel smile on his lips, he stared down at Georgie in superiority and slyness. "Take Sir Roland to the prison."

"No!" screamed Georgie in anger. "This is my family’s kingdom. Not yours. My family and I decide who goes the dungeons, and if anyone went it would be you." Georgie said glaring up at Joseph.

He only smirked, "But Princess. If I can get your family to comply then he can be taken." Georgie saw his hand twist as he said that. "Like your mother?" he smiled sweetly. Georgie faced towards her mother. Georgina's mother seemed to be dragged by an unknown force. Her feet scraped along the ground; she looked like a broken puppet. Georgie turned to face Joseph, she was visibly shaking and as she looked up at Joseph he became to look triumphant. That made Georgie's blood boil. He leaned close to Georgie's face, she flinched back instinctively but he pulled her closer to whisper. "See Georgie. I know who you are."

Georgie looked at him to see any hint of a bluff. None. "What do you want?" Georgie sneered back. No more games, this guy was business, not to be messed with.

Joseph smiled a smile Georgie guessed he thought angelic but made her gag. "What all men want Georgina? Power." Georgie made her best WTF? look. He sighed and said slowly as if she was a bit ill, "You have power. You're a Princess; you have land, money and power."

Anger burnt through Georgie. She smiled at Joseph, he now did a WT face as she twisted her smile into a frown and thrusted her knee towards his groin with as much power as she could. As she looked up at him his eyes seemed to pop out of his head and he made a tiny wimpy sound, Georgie grinned. Unlike Georgie, Ro had gotten into a handful of fights in school for mouthing off, mostly over how someone said a bitchy comment to Georgie and he had stepped in, resulting in a fight between him and the bitch's boyfriend. She'd also had to help Ro home after a fight with ice on his swollen... um... area.

Georgie turned to see Roland shaking his head at her in disappointment. What? He expected me to let him get shot??? She backed up so she was next to him. "He knows." she whispered under her breath to him. He looked at her wide eyed looking shocked.

"Now Princess." Joseph squeaked, straightening up. "You make Sir Roland go to the prison or your mother will." he smiled cruelly and looked back at the Princess' mother. She was hovering in the air looking limp and dead.

Roland stepped forward "I shall go." Georgie looked at him exasperated. "Yes I shall Princess." Joseph snorted at the use of the title. Two men took hold of Roland under the arms and roughly led him out of the room.

"Roland! Please." Georgie yelled at his back. He didn't even twitch, but he saw his back hunch slightly. She stood there in the middle of the empty circle; people all around watching her. She started to shake slightly and tears rolled down her cheeks; her mother fell to the floor in a heap.

Georgie tried to get out of her sad trance and help her mother up. But she couldn't. The sadness succumbed her and her legs gave way, she fell to the floor. The skirt of her dress making a bloom like the top of the cloud of smoke on a nuclear bomb around her.

Soon the crowd dispersed and in less than an hour the party ended. She stayed where she was through the whole party and no-one came near. At around midnight a guard, which Princess Georgina was obviously fond of because of the feelings that rushed through her came and carried her to her room.

She fell asleep crying.