Chapter 5: The Falsely Accused

I heard a familiar voice call from behind me. "Kay? What the hell are you doing here?" it was Emily. Zayn glanced at me. I couldnt help but notice how cute he was when he was confused. My mother gasped in horror. "I thought you said you were going to stay in the hotel and wait for us to get back? Where on Earth did you leave you're brother??" she sounded absolutely livid and I had a feeling that if we weren't in public, I'd have been blasted. Zayn began to speak "Dont worry. The little guy is over with two of my close friends, Louis and Harry." My dad Glared at me. Even from far away I could tell he was furious as he motioned towards Zayn. "Who the hell is that? We let you stay on your own thinking you would have a nice quiet evening looking over your brother but instead we find you here...with a stranger! No one knows who this guy is! For all you know he could be a murderer or a rapist!" he really had to go there? I was ashamed of myself for not giving them a call or even a text, but most of all, I felt bad. Poor Zayn. It seemed as if one second he was cuddling me and the next, he was accused of being a criminal. I stared at him. Zayn Malik was a lot of things. He was sweet, talented, funny, adorable, sexy, shy, a Bradford bad boy, and a member of one direction. One thing he wasnt was a criminal. Then something funny happened. Something that may have been a blessing in disguise. Emily squinted, leaning in further to examine Zayn. It was fairly dim in the restaurant and at first glance, Zayn could've been anyone. Then she started fangirling. "OH MY GOD!!!! IT'S ZAYN!! ZAYN MALIK FROM ONE FREAKING DIRECTION!!!!!!! IM ACTUALLY YOUR BIGGEST FAN!!! CAN I PLEASE HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH???? I TAKE POSTERS OF YOU WHEREVER I GO AND SOMETIMES I SNEAK OFF TO THE WASHROOM JUST SO I COULD STARE AT YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACE!!!" at this point, a flood of tears came streaming down her face turning her mascara into a dripping black mess.

Zayns POV:

It was rediculous how quickly some things changed. Within a split second the atmosphere went from lovey-dovey to pure hell. I felt so stupid and clueless. Did I miss something important? Who were those people? I think the man who started raging was Kayla's dad. They looked surprisingly alike. Which means the woman must've been Kayla's mother. But who was the....other girl? It couldn't have been Kayla's sister. The girl was Asian, while Kayla was a brunette with blue eyes. My mind shifted...I felt so awful for Kayla. The last thing I wanted her to do was get her in trouble. I breathed in. Zayn, if you're going to do something, do it now, I told myself. Alas, I spoke up. "Mr.and Mrs.Grey, I'm so sorry. In case you're wondering, its true. I'm Zayn Malik, one of the singers from One Direction. If you're going to get mad, get mad at me not Kay." The woman begin to smile as she exited her booth. She shook my hand. "it's an honour to meet you Mr.Malik." I was relieved that she sounded more friendly. The strange girl ran up to me next. She gave me an enormous hug which really was more of a tackle. I didn't want to be rude, but I really wished she'd let go. Next she ran up to Kay. "HOLY CRAP!!!!! WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME YOU WERE DATING ZAYN MALIK??? I watched intently as Kayla embraced the girl rather awkwardly. God she was absolutely adorable. Kayla began to reason with the girl. "Emily, CALM DOWN! Im not dating Zayn. We're just friends.... Or hardly even friends. We barely even know eachother... We're more like acquaintances. Do you get it?" I wasn't sure if Emily got the message, but I know I did. Kayla didn't want me.