Chapter 1: The Beginning Of The Rest Of My Life

This is my first story so you'll heave to bare with my, as I'm only 13 and don't consider writing to be one of my strengths. I'm also really busy with soccer and singing so I don't know if I'll be able to write very often but... Here it goes:)

"Kayla? Sweetie wake up!" whispered my mother as she shook me violently. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the clock. It was only 6 am. Why the hell was she waking me now? "please just let me sleep.." I groaned, obviously frustrated. "I'm afraid I can't do that. Our flight leaves in 4 hours and if we don't get to the airport soon, we'll be dangerously late." she replied hastily. Flight? What flight? I was so confused. I yawned and finally gathered the strength to sit up. I was most definitely not a morning person. Then it hit me. LONDON! This morning, my younger brother Owen, my best friend Emily , my parents and I were going to London for the week! I sprang out of bed, rushed into my closet and pulled out my usual Tshirt and a pair of jeans. Hurriedly, I rushed downstairs where my dad greeted me with a smile. I gave him a quick hug and sprinted to the fridge, eager to find anything I could stuff in my mouth. I finally settled with a bowl of yogurt which I practically absorbed. I then, ran back up the stairs, brushed my teeth and put my hair into a long braid down my shoulder. "Kay, would you mind bringing your suitcase down?" asked my mother. Without replying, I grabbed my suitcase, which seemed surprisingly light. Just to make sure I had everything, I opened my suitcase. Empty. I cursed under my breath as I rifled through closets and drawers, hurriedly grabbing any item that I could find necessary. I quickly zipped up my suitcase. I was ready to go. I lugged the suitcase down the stairs and propped it against the garage door. My dad came down the stairs holding he and my mothers suitcase, followed by my mother, holding both Owen and his knapsack. He whined as he clutched his favourite red power ranger. "Is everyone ready?" my mother chimed merrily. She was always so happy it disgusted me. The 4 of us piled in our freshly painted Porsche and drove to the Lan house to pick up Emily. After about 10 minutes, we arrived at the house. I rushed up to the door and gave it a loud knock. Mr. Lan opened the door. Hello Kayla, Emily will be down in just a minute. He said with a thick Chinese accent. "no problem!" I replied. As if on cue, Emily raced down the stairs clutching her small pink bag. After a tearful goodbye, Emily finally mustered up the strength to leave her parents and her small cobblestone house behind. I dragged her by the arm into the Porsche. "I can't even tell you how excited I am right now!" squealed Emily. "I know right!" I replied as I grabbed my phone out of my coach purse. I stuck the headphones in so Emily and I could listen to the Up All Night album. I'm pretty sure we the biggest directioners in Canada. (end of chapter one)