Chapter 3: Looking in One Direction

I sat on the couch in our hotel room contemplating whether or not I should wait for my parents and Emily to return from dinner or go look for Owen by myself. After a while of thinking, I concluded that my best bet was to go now. I made sure I looked presentable and headed out. My eyes were immediately drawn to the elevator. Knowing my brother, the only direction he would have gone was up. Without hesitation, I rushed into the elevator and went to the top floor, which thankfully, was only 3 floors up from our suite. As I arrived on the 21st floor, I formulated a plan. Knock on all of the room doors, describe my brother, and ask whoever was at the door if they had any idea where he went. It wasn't exactly a groundbreaking idea, but it was better than nothing. I started at the far right. Room 400, no answer. Room 401, the woman only spoke French. Room 402 was no better. The old man seemed rather aggravated and threatened to call the front desk if I continued to be a disruption. Was there even a point in knocking on the next door? I began to sob. I'm an awful sister. I was to busy focusing on damn Jose, that I totally forgot about my little brother. For all I knew he could be kidnapped or murdered or lost in the middle of England or... I stopped and began to reason with myself. Kayla you have to stop thinking like that. I reassured myself that Owen was okay and finally mustered up enough courage to knock on room 403. Little did I know, 2 seconds worth of knocking was worth an entire lifetime of waiting. The door opened and out walked a familiar face. He smiled, his beautiful brown eyes seemed to be staring straight into my blue ones. I began to feel butterflies in my stomach. Something I never felt with Jose. Not even the first time we kissed. "How can I help you?" Zayn asked me. His accent was so much hotter in person. "umm. I came here from... From Canada... And Im staying in floor 18 room 355 and.. And m-m-my little brother is missing." I couldn't help but stutter. Zayn turned so his back was facing me. "Boys, come here!" he called. While he was turned around I caught myself staring at his butt. I bit my bottom lip. "No" I reminded myself silently. "I'm not here to kiss Zayn Malik... Or Niall Horan, or Louis Tomlinson or Liam Payne or Harry Styles... Harry Styles.... Was I about to meet Harry Styles? Will he at least let me touch his hair? Those flawless curls." I hit my leg in frustration. As if on cue, Liam, Niall, and Harry appeared at the door with Louis not far behind. Though I couldn't see Louis, I could tell he was coming. After all, who else would be chasing Harry while screaming Hazza? Wait... Myself and about 2 million other fangirls. God. I had to keep my mind from wandering. I explained to the boys what had happened with Owen. (leaving out the part including Jose of course) "We'd be happy to help! Right lads? Niall chimed in. "Liam and I could check at the front desk and Lou and Harry could stay behind seeing if he comes near here. Sound like a plan?" everyone nodded in agreement. I smiled partly because I was happy that I was one step closer to finding my brother and partly because I knew the only 2 people left were me and Zayn. As if reading my mind, Zayn piped up "I guess that leaves you and me? You know, I still don't know you're name yet." "Kayla. Kayla Grey. But you can call me Kay if you want." I said as I flashed him my biggest brightest smile. We said bye to the boys and made an agreement to meet down at room 355 at 10:30 pm, Owen or no Owen. Zayn and I took the elevator down to the lobby in silence. As he smiled at me, I felt the butterflies reappear. He was so attractive. He had this certain sense about him that I couldn't quite put my finger on. But whatever it was, it radiated sexy. "So what does your little brother look like?" questioned Zayn. I pulled out my phone and showed him a picture. Zayn chuckled. "He's cute. He looks a lot like you." my heart began to beat so hard I felt as if it would pop right out of my chest. Zayn Malik had just called me cute.