nine

After she finished her drink, she left. I quickly got up and followed, making sure she didn't notice.

As she walked, she looked around at the various stores surrounding the noisy streets.

She suddenly stopped and stared. I followed her gaze only to find out that she was looking at a homeless man. He sat up against the wall of a clothing department store and held a sign that said 'Homeless and no money, please help'.

Her eyes held sadness and pity.

Next thing I knew, she was digging into her bag and pulled out 10 dollars. She slowly walked closer to the man and bent down at his level. She extended her arm and handed him the money. The man smiled and thanked her repeatedly.

"Thank you so much, it really means a lot," he had said.

She gave him a warm smile.

"It's no problem, sir" she spoke.

It's the first time I have ever heard her speak and her honey like voice lured me in.

She was everything I have ever wanted and needed.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I saw her get up and leave. I didn't follow her since I had to get home and because I didn't want to seem like a stalker. So, I walked home with the thoughts of the beautiful, kind girl.

I couldn't help but think that she would be someone who understands me. She acted like everything was okay on the outside, but on the inside she wasn't okay. I could tell by her eyes at the cafe. Her sadness gave it all away.

Could I have possibly found someone that understood me?