Chapter 10 | Age 18

"I have so much homework," Kat groaned. "I have to read sixteen pages in the stupid packet then I have to answer twenty-eight questions. And that's just for history."

"Well are the questions for the reading in the packet?" Luke asked, distracted by his phone.

"No, that's what makes it worse. I have to read two lessons of the textbook just to answer the questions. Then I have to read the packet, too." Kat put her hand on her forehead, exasperated.

Luke put his phone down. "So just don't read the packet stuff if that's not what the questions are for," he suggested.

Kat waved her hand. "You don't get it."

Luke didn't see how he didn't get it, but she, the goody-two shoes that she was, opened her book and started answering the questions without further conversation.

Luke went back on his phone doing who-knows-what, and his attention was only distracted when Kat slammed her textbook shut and moved to start reading her packet.

He sighed. "Seriously, babe? Let's just go out instead."

Kat shook her head, stubborn as ever.

"Come on, you don't even need to read that stuff!"

"Luke, if you let me finish, we'll be out of here really quickly. I'm a fast reader." Her eyes didn't stray from the page.

He opened his mouth, but was cut off.

"Luke, you're wasting more time trying to argue with me."

He grudgingly went back on his phone.

A smirk was overtaking its way onto Kat's face. She loved when she won an argument.

Unable to concentrate on even the words "Abraham Lincoln," she put her packet down quickly and jumped onto Luke's lap and kissed him, giggling.

When she was done, Luke's lips twitched upwards and he asked, "You finished reading it that quickly?"

She hit his chest playfully. As she went to move from his lap, his hands moved into the back pockets of her cutoffs, keeping her still.

She put her hands on her hips. "Luke Hemmings, did you not say you wanted to go out?"

He pulled her closer and started kissing her shoulder, then her neck, changing the entire atmosphere of the room. "I said no such thing," he breathed between kisses.

She wondered how he could breathe at a moment like this, because she certainly couldn't.

"Luke," she tried to sound unfazed, but it wasn't exactly easy. She knew he could tell she was breathless because he only kept kissing her.

Kat, deciding there was no way to get out of this - not that she really wanted to - kissed him back. She kissed him so hard that he felt like his chest just might explode. She parted her lips marginally, deepening the kiss.

This time, when they finally broke apart, he was the breathless one.

Catching him off guard, she leapt off of his lap and glided to her room, swinging her hips purposefully. In a way, he was glad she had gotten off his lap; at least she wouldn't see the windblown effect she had on him - his swollen lips, pink cheeks, and ruffled hair. But then he wasn't glad; there was a Kat-sized weight missing from his lap.

"I'll be in the shower," called his girlfriend, making him laugh.

+++

guYS DONT. okay i can't take this i fangirl over myself am i not the most conceited person ever

ok dont bc im dying and im a horrible person ily bye

oh yes and im also laughing bc luke always gets hit in the face poor lucifer x