Chapter 8 | Age 16

While the two were having a sleepover at Kat's house, Luke decided he couldn't sleep and crawled into Kat's bed. "Luke," she mumbled sleepily, "are you literally doing this right now?"

They each had their own bed in Kat's bedroom, but the rule of the sleepover was that they stay in those beds. They were lucky that Kat's parents trusted her.

"It's too late, I'm already asleep and I'm not getting out of your bed, Kat."

"At least put some pants on. You're only in your boxers."

"And you're only in your panties. What's the big deal?"

Her eyes snapped open. "Crap, am I not wearing pants?" She feverishly stuck her hands under the cover to feel for any pants, meanwhile getting one of her fingers caught on the waistband of Luke's boxers for only a moment. Neither of them acknowledged it.

"Shh, Kat, be quiet, your mum'll hear us."

"Luke, I'm not wearing pants," she said, as though she just realized, "why didn't you tell me sooner? Oh my God, and my top is unbuttoned. I'm sorry it was just so hot tonight and -" she moved to get out of bed, then thought better of it. "Get out."

"What? Why?" he groaned, already half asleep. "Just leave it, it's not like anything's gonna happen."

"When my mom comes into my room in the morning and finds us in the same bed with you shirtless with only boxers on and me in panties with my bra showing, hell will reign on earth. Get out of my bed."

Luke grumbled incoherent words underneath his breath, but got out of the bed nonetheless. "Kat this was stupid, how are you gonna get your pants on while you're under the covers? You could've gotten out and I could have closed my eyes." He rolled his eyes. "And fallen asleep," he mumbled so that she couldn't hear him.

"Well it's too late now. Watch - and - learn." She struggled to even get the pants under the covers. She put her legs through the holes of the pants underneath the duvet. When she tried to get the pants over her thighs, she lifted her hips to the ceiling and pulled them over.

It was only a split second, but in that split second, Luke saw the curvature of her breasts in her still unbuttoned shirt (which she had forgotten to take care of), and the curvature of her backside, both illuminated by the moonlight.

It reminded him that she wasn't still the same five-year-old that he had grown to be best friends with.

She had grown. They both had.

+++

After that night, they decided, Screw it, everyone already thinks we should go out, so let's go out. If it doesn't work out, we'll stay friends and just pretend it never happened. We don't make it anything too serious, and we do not take anything personally, especially if we don't work out. 

"Deal?" Luke asked.

"Sounds good to me." Kat smiled.

+++

dying bc it's super short but i kinda like it like this and it's just super cute even tho my writing sucks ((excuse the carrotyness)) haha

caN WE ALL APPRECIATE THE GIF TO THE SIDE PLS

ily all so much [[even for those of you who hate this and read it bc you love me]] x