Chapter 6

Dedicated to this awesome girl, for helping me through the past few days. :) such a  beautiful person :D Okay and I'm sorry about scaring everyone by stopping my writing but I have run out of inspiration but i'll continue till I can't think of anything else. Hope you enjoy and sorry not much happens in this chapter but the next chapter will be Anna's POV *happy dance* Hope you enjoy and Support :) 

***

Daniel's POV

‘What happened to you?’ I questioned Mark as he walked into the apartment analysing every detail the two story apartment. His normal confident posture was now replaced with a slumped, scrunched up stance as he slowly walked through the apartment at such a slow pace. He was beat up with a black eye but the black bags were still visible under the bruises, his hands were bandaged up from under his thumb running up his arm.

His normal neatly combed blonde hair was in what looked like how his hair would look when he wakes up from bed. His normal happy blue eye's displayed nothing but a depressed lonely person, to anyone else he would've looked like a love sick school boy. The bandages did nothing to keep the blood hidden, as the white material was spotted with read dots along the injured areas.

His lip was split by a gash from his upper lip continuing to the lower lip baring dried blood. He wore a long business shirt and pants as an alternative for his casual jeans and T-shirt. He probably got into another fight at the bar but the odd thing is that this seemed to be happening a lot lately. Night after night he would go sleepless only to unleash his wrath of anger and fatigue on everyone at work.

 He didn’t answer my question, as he seemed preoccupied in his own train of thought probably just thinking of a way to avoid answering my question. He reached out his bandaged hand and traced his fingertips along the outline of the glass table lightly; as he stretched his hand out the cuff of his shirt exposed more cuts and scraps underneath.

I didn’t like to see Mark in this kind of state, but it has been happening on more than one occasion; each time it seemed to have gotten worse over time.  Yet he didn’t seem to be doing a good job in hiding whatever it was that he was hiding from all of us, as if he didn’t see the point in changing what people thought already.

‘Mark, answer me,’ I was never a patient person. Corey sat on the sofa watching carefully, but never uttered a word.  We were wasting time and we needed to sort out the issues we had in hand like James being replaced at the security post, Kat also said she was going to figure out how to bring me into the picture and how she wanted me to be portrayed to Anna. Where was Kat anyway, Miss Bossy should take her own advice about being punctual.

‘Jace will be joining Corey on this mission, he’ll be here any minute,’ Mark said quietly as he stared up into  thin air. Jace? But didn’t he ask for  month of field duty. As if reading my mind Mark added, ‘He had no choice.’ It was all starting all over again, Mark was playing his stupid little games again. I didn’t know why this got me angry but something about forcing people to do what he wanted just seemed so wrong.

‘Mark, if he doesn’t want to take the job why don’t you just leave him alone?’

‘Because my plan initially was for him to come here, not going play lovely boyfriend somewhere else,’ there was so much hate in his voice yet there was a hint of jealousy. I didn’t say anything back because I was so used to him constantly despising those who were a victim to love, but was it really love or just plain envy? But Mark loves no one, he couldn’t.

‘Whatever, where’s Kat?’

‘I don’t think she's coming in today,’ he said quickly.

‘Why? What’s wrong with her?’