Chapter 5

Okaaayyy so i'd like to dedicate this chapter to cookiequees ! she is just one of those people who are just so nice and brighten up my day by writing me a lovely comment or even just telling me to upload. Your such a nice person and don't ever change! :) You Make me feel happy someone is  actually reading my book. I love ya hun and i hope you all like this chapter ;) xoxo enjoy :D

***

Marks POV

I felt the tingling in my chest as I downed my whole drink, letting the liquid linger in my mouth before fully swallowing it. Fuzziness diluted my thoughts but the anger never seemed to disappear. Where the hell is she? Finally abandoning the use of the glass I gulped straight from the bottle. With every drop of alcohol that entering my system the more my anger grew. She better show up before I finish this bottle or I’ll smash this bottle against her head, I thought to myself. The funny thing is I meant it despite all my feelings for her.

Annoyance and frustration streamed through my body; she never once answered my calls. Despite the many presents and flowers I sent over to her house, even after our date she never once tried to understand my feelings for her. I didn’t like running after the things I want, but damn she was making me run. Her eyes, her lips, they were all that filled my dreams at night. The door creaked open and I felt my heart rate speed up in my chest. She was here, my grip on the bottle tightened as my previous anger returned.

‘Mark I’m sorry about today, but I can explain,’ she stuttered in a business like tone. My back was faced to her, the room is pitch black lighted only by a single candle that stood in the middle of the table in front of me.

‘You didn’t answer any of my calls,’ I said sternly as a tipsy feeling took over me, jumbling my thoughts.

‘Sorry I was busy,’ she said bluntly as if she didn’t give a crap, not even the slightest bit sorry. Did she know I waited by my phone every day hoping it would be her that was ringing?

‘You don’t care.’

‘About?’ she questioned looking like she’d like to be anywhere else except right here with me.

‘Nothing,’ I stuttered as I took another tug of the bottle.

‘So does that mean I can leave?’ she said.

 I didn’t reply and she hastily walked across the room over to the door, as she was just about to open it I managed to flick my pocketknife at the door just centimeters away from where her hand lay on the door.

‘Are you fucking crazy?’ she screamed. Finally it was as if all the steam and anger bottled up inside me was ready to explode. Running over to her I managed to roughly take hold of her neck forcing her airway shut. No one spoke to me like that, no matter who they were. Looking at her clearly now I noticed a long bruise situated on the left side of her cheek. I let go of her as I examined the injury.

‘Who did this to you?’ I whispered as I stroked her cheek. Tears were falling down her cheeks now and I felt my fists shape into balls. The thought of someone hurting my girl killed me inside, when I find out who did it I’ll fucking kill them. As if sensing my shift in mood she quickly interfered, ‘I slipped down the stairs at Anna’s place, and hit my head against the corner of the wall. It was me being clumsy,’ she laughed nervously as she dismissed the conversation.

There was nothing accidental about the mark, I knew what looked like accidents and what had been done purposely and this was no accident. 

‘Forget about it,’ she demanded sternly.

‘You’re going to tell me who did this to you…’ I trailed off trying to contain my anger.

‘Leave it alone; you could’ve done worse to me just now. Don’t make yourself look like the good guy,’ she screamed back.