Chapter 1

HEY PEOPLE :) 

First chapter, yay :D Okay so just wanted to say that I won't be uploading till I think that my stories are worth the time, so yea I'd appreciate feedback. Btw this chapter is dedicated to my friend Emine for pushing me into posting on wattpad so yeah thanks :) :D enjoy xx

***

Daniel's POV

It was just one of those days. Walking down the hallways of the office making sure everyone was doing their job right, I couldn’t help hold back the boredom transforming my mood into a grumpy monster that people feared more than my normal self. I found myself picking on those who seemed to be messing around and fixing them up. It wasn’t a rare feeling for me to feel bored: lately my job hadn’t been as interesting as it used to be.

People looked up at me in fear, not once daring to get on my bad side. Why? Because I seemed to have the second most amount of authority in this company (second only to Mark, who owned and managed it). That was because apart from Mark, I practically owned this company. No one would dare to double-cross either of us. We were the brothers who were made in hell and to join this business was like making a deal with the devil.

My eyes were starting to droop as I glanced to and from the clock. I had only been sitting at the desk for five minutes. I think at some point out of desperation I had started to pray to God to send me some sort of mission that would preoccupy me, which was ironic really since I'm sure God wouldn't be happy with my doings. An hour later my mind couldn't take the mental tension anymore and I stormed away from the desk, away from all the files and papers that decorated it.

Walking down the aisle, everyone around me fell quiet. It was the usual response that I tended to get; this kind of response always left my head bursting with pride, yet today it didn’t give me the same effect.  I could understand why the men here didn't want to mess around in front of me. Hell, if I were one of them I'd not even move when someone like that was around. I could easily take any of these men down, though they wouldn't put up much of a fight if they valued their head.

Ever since this prick decided to test me people feared me more than they really should. The guy was drunk on the job and decided to test how strong I really was. I knew he was drunk but after repeatedly shooting smart-ass remarks I finally snapped. I cornered him against the wall like he was a lost pet looking for a way out, and I punched at his skull once...twice...three times and before I knew it blood was everywhere and I knew somewhere in the world one mother would be childless. The body actually lay at that same distinct spot for quite some time, as people feared I'd return to completely finish the guy off, like I was some axe-murderer. People just needed to know who the boss was, what rules they needed to follow and whom they could and could not mess with.

After hours of patrolling, it finally came to my attention that there was no point checking on people's progress. I headed up to Mark’s office, knowing that I could entertain myself somehow with him around. Mark was treated the same way in the office as I was, sometimes even worse. Luckily for our colleagues we didn't last long in each office, just long enough to check up on the progress and make changes that could make things more efficient before moving on. There was always the risk of being tracked down by the authorities, so we made sure to keep our visits short and leave without any traces.

Marching up the stairs towards Mark’s office I could hear the sound of his screaming rattle the walls. They vibrated with such force it seemed as if it was a scene from a movie. I couldn’t help but laugh - this would probably be the most amount of entertainment I would get all day. Rushing up to his office I found him pounding his head against the glass of his window.

Frustration was displayed quite obviously on his face. You didn't even have to see his face to know he was pissed off. His body was hunched against the window and his hands had formed tight fists against the glass above his head. His shoulders were set tightly as he tapped one fist against the glass as he thought to himself. It must be some damn big problem if he's worrying about it that much.