Chapter 6, The Girl Who Hugs Him

This is a relatively "chilled-out" chapter compared to what is about to soon come.
Enjoy the long mess, while you can.

[ UNEDITED ]

-

It's a new day.
5 more days until I'm in a courtroom,
with an unneeded wedding dress,
before an unwanted man.

For right now, I stand sulking in front of a mirror, in jeans and a comfy sweater. I like the way it hugs my body, making me feel warm and protected against anything that might happen today.
What do we have today?
A lunch-date,
yet another failed date, I presume?

The doorbell rings.

I groan in, walking out of my room and away from my mirror.
I know exactly who it is.

The doorbell's deafening sound starts to become annoying, as it smashes in a loop. The one behind the door makes my ears want to bleed from how hurriedly they catch my attention. My teeth curl over my lip, biting down at the skin hard so I don't step boundaries and yell at the man outside my door. "Coming!" I yell as sweetly as I can muster.

The ringing doesn't stop. Air hitting my face when I yank open the door and have the it finally silence. I catch my breath, staring at the man with such innocence as I shyly let all my anger fall. "I said I was coming," I mumble, grabbing onto my side-bag and shoes in a haste.

Yoongi smirks, leaning against the doorframe outside my apartment. He watches me struggle with my shoes in front of him, cunningly grinning larger before he coos, "Sorry? What was that?" then he rings the doorbell again. I'm infuriated.

Stomping my legs to the ground, I know my body language spews a silencing I've grown accustomed to my entire life. With the straightening of my back, I force on a smirk myself before chiming, "Let's go?"

"You sure don't seem mad," his grin is softer now. He's still leaning, watching me catch my breath.

"Why would I be mad?" I'm smiling again. I'm smiling even though my insides are screaming from excruciating pains.

I move around him. Yoongi smiles, leaning away from the frame so I can lock my door. As I reach down for it, the idol makes sure he isn't right behind me this time - both of us cautious on not making the same mistakes over.

"Where're we going today?" I ask, putting the keys back into the slot of the carpet.

Yoongi shrugs, his hands going into his jeans. Everything on him is black. If it were night and he were to take me out, I would've known for a fact that he didn't want to be seen with me. But in the broad daylight, I stare to his black hat, black mask, black tee tucked into his black jeans, and his long black cardigan that looks cozier than the sweater I wear. Everything on him is black. Everything other than his skin, which is pale and glistening from natural oils oozing out of his pours.

I repeat my question, following him down the hallway and to the elevator.

Yoongi shrugs again, suave as he walks. A word doesn't escape him.

I'm confused over his actions.
In the elevator, I look to him. He doesn't look at me once.

We get outside, his mask is on so I can no longer see his smiles.
But I do catch the slight crinkling of his eyes, knowing fair well that he smirks.

Minutes feel like days, neither of us talking.

My hands are before my body, holding on tight to myself when I look to his face.