(y/n) POV

The Doctor and I finally slowed as we got closer to the TARDIS. The adrenaline that had been pumping through me was now wearing off. I winced when I felt a burning sensation in my legs as I walked. Neither of us spoke as we walked back to the TARDIS.

The Doctor opened the door to the phone booth, allowing me to step in first. I nodded to him and stepped inside. The time lord walked by me and headed to the control console, draping his coat over a railing.

I carefully walked towards him, limping slightly. I placed my coat on a chair and leaned against the railing. I closed my eyes, trying to push away the pain I was feeling in my leg.

"(y/n)?" I looked up to find the Doctor looking at me. "Did you hear what I said?"

"Sorry, no. Still trying to catch my breath, I think. What was it you said?"

He paused what he was doing to look at me.

"Are you alright, (y/n)?" he asked.

"Yeah. I'm good."

He apparently didn't believe since he walked over to where I was. He quickly looked over me before his gaze rested on my leg. There was a hole in my pants and a burn could clearly be seen.

"When did this happen?" he questioned, looking at me.

"I missed one of the blasts," I explained. "I deflected it, but not before it grazed my leg."

He looked back at my leg again before saying anything.

"How about you go get changed," the Doctor suggested. "Then meet me back here. I'll be right back."

I nodded and walked to my room, limping slightly. It still amazed me how so many rooms could fit into the phone booth.

Once I got to my room, I changed into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. When I walked back out of my room, I left my shoes and socks, deciding to go barefoot for now.

When I got back to the main room of the TARDIS, I found the Doctor already waiting for me. He had me sit down in a chair so he could clean up my leg. The two of us sat in silence as he worked on my burn.

"(y/n)?" the Doctor said after a while.

"Hmm?"

"Would you have told me?" He looked up so he could make eye contact. I knew exactly what he was asking about. "If I hadn't discovered your powers, would you have told me?"

"Maybe?" I replied, a little unsure. I sighed and hung my head. "I've just been so... afraid... of rejection. I feared you would reject me as well."

The Doctor tilted my face so I would look at him.

"(y/n), I would never reject you," he said quietly. "I would never try and push you away like you have been in the past. You are an amazingly talented young woman. Those people from your past were wrong to push you away because they couldn't see that." He paused to smile a little. "But in some ways, I am glad they did."

I looked at him in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"If they hadn't done all those things, we would have never met. I would be traveling around galaxies without a companion and you would be who-knows-where doing who-knows-what!"

I chuckled at his statement, nodding in agreement. I looked at the Doctor, about to thank him, but before I could, I felt his lips on mine. I gasped in surprise but kissed back, humming slightly. As the need for air became too great, we broke apart and rested our foreheads against one another's.

"Wow," I breathed, resulting in a chuckle from the Doctor. "So, any particular reason for that?"

"Two actually. One was to heal your leg."

We looked down at my leg to find it completely healed. I smiled and looked back at the brown eyed time lord.

"And the second reason?" I inquired.

He beamed.

"Because I have fallen for you, (y/n)." He put his hands on my cheeks. "And I will always love you for who you are."

I smiled and kissed him.

"And I love you, my incredible doctor."

We shared another brief kiss before pulling away.

"I have an idea," the Doctor said. "Why don't we take a day off? We haven't had time to look through all the pictures from our adventures so we can add to your photo album."

"You sure? There won't be any danger or running. Unless you count possible paper cuts."

"I think I can manage. Now," he took my hand in his and cried, "Allons-y!"

I laughed.

"What is it with you and that word?"